Hare Polish Nail Lacquer in Reverie in Rubellite

on
Thursday, August 15, 2013

As you may know, I recently hauled a bunch of nail polishes from indie brand, Hare Polish. I was going through a kind of nail polish funk, if you will — a first for me, as I have a bit of a nail polish addiction. I was just bored with everything that was out, and none of the new collections stood out to me. I mean, I love a bright colour for summer as much as the next girl, but how many brights can you wear before fall arrives if you change your nail colour every other day? Thusly, my fascination with Hare Polish, an indie company that makes some of the most unique shades I've ever seen and is solely responsible for rekindling my love of glitter polishes. 


Reverie in Rubellite is a medium-dark raspberry-magenta jelly base with large iridescent orange-red square and hexagonal glitter, medium iridescent orange-red square and round glitter, and fine violet and magenta micro-shimmer. It has a thicker consistency that is common with glitter polishes, but it doesn't hinder the application. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. The glitter goes on evenly dispersed, and I had no problems getting the glitter to stay put, either. It has medium pigmentation, and will reach opacity in three medium coats. I cannot think of any dupes for this. I think the best thing about this particular shade is that it can be worn through summer all the way to winter, because the colours are neither too bright, too dark, or too festive, and it's whimsical without being too girly. It somehow reminds me of flying embers from a bonfire in the summer before dusk, or perhaps Chinese paper lanterns floating in a mid-autumn's sunset. Either way, the effect is stunning.
4 comments on "Hare Polish Nail Lacquer in Reverie in Rubellite"
  1. Okay, as soon as I get my nail polish stash and budget under control, HARE HAUL!!!!!!!!!

    THANKS, DENISE. AGAIN. (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, having just said that I'm not into polishes like these...I might be eating my words a bit here. This looks pretty damn cool, the juxtaposition of colors here is perfect - it's not jarring like some combinations can be, but still unexpected and interesting. There may be hope for me yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just about finding the right mix of base colour and glitter! I don't generally discriminate against glitter polishes, so I like everything from classy to tacky. ;) But I think this one falls under the "classy" category, lol. Plus, it's one of those polishes that'll look good on everyone!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9