Hare Polish Nail Lacquer in Oceans of Alloys

on
Monday, August 26, 2013

My obsession with Hare Polish and general love of glitter polish is still going strong. As some of you might have noticed, I go through phases with my nails and after going a little overboard with the glitters over last winter, I ended up getting so sick of them that I wore cream finishes for about six months straight afterwards. Enter Hare Polish, an indie brand that makes some of the most unique glitter polishes I've ever seen. I bought six shades from their Etsy shop (their stock is constantly rotating, so they don't always have the same shades for sale) and each one marries a gorgeous base colour with contrasting but complementary shades of glitter. After gorging on so many glitter polishes, it's likely I'll get sick of them in like, a month... but for now, I'm enjoying my blingy nails.


Oceans of Alloys is a medium dusty peacock blue base with large copper and silver square glitter, medium white square glitter, and small white, silver, and copper glitter. It has a thicker consistency that is common with glitter polishes, but it doesn't hinder the application. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. The glitter goes on evenly dispersed, and I had no problems getting the glitter to stay put, either. It has medium pigmentation, and will reach opacity in three medium coats. I cannot think of any dupes for this. Like Reverie in Rubellite, I think this shade can be worn just as much in the summer as in the winter; it looks like the sparkling reflection of sunlight in a clear blue ocean, but also reminds me of sunlight reflecting off of snow... as well as confetti being thrown at New Year's parties. But, honestly, is there anything more up my alley than a blue polish with tons of glitter?
4 comments on "Hare Polish Nail Lacquer in Oceans of Alloys"
  1. Replies
    1. Right?! I've been super-pleased with all of the shades I picked up from Hare Polish! So glad I found out about them. :)

      Delete
  2. Gotta purge my unwanted nail polishes ASAP so that I can make a Hare haul! This is gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to meet a Hare Polish shade I haven't loved. ;) Purge that old shit quick time! I see another Hare Polish haul in my very near future...

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9