Hare Polish Nail Lacquer in Hooky at the Hamlet

on
Thursday, August 8, 2013

As you may know, I recently hauled a bunch of nail polishes from indie brand, Hare Polish. I was going through a kind of nail polish funk, if you will — a first for me, as I have a bit of a nail polish addiction. I was just bored with everything that was out, and none of the new collections stood out to me. I mean, I love a bright colour for summer as much as the next girl, but how many brights can you wear before fall arrives if you change your nail colour every other day? Thusly, my fascination with Hare Polish, an indie company that makes some of the most unique shades I've ever seen and is solely responsible for rekindling my love of glitter polishes. The first one I had to try, and the nail polish that originally got me interested in this brand, is Hooky at the Hamlet.


Hooky at the Hamlet is a medium vibrant turquoise-green jelly base with large white square and hexagonal glitter, medium white square and round glitter, and fine white, blue, and purple micro-shimmer. It has a thicker consistency that is common with glitter polishes, but it doesn't hinder the application. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. The glitter goes on evenly dispersed, and I had no problems getting the glitter to stay put, either. It has medium pigmentation, and will reach opacity in three medium coats. I cannot think of any dupes for this; the base colour is brighter and much more blue-toned than Illamasqua's Nomad and Essie's First-Timer, and much more green than Essie's Where's My Chauffeur?, but none of these shades have glitter in them. The effect of the polish is similar to China Glaze's It's a Trap-Eze!, but the colour scheme is entirely different. There's just something super-fun and energetic and happy about this shade, and it edges the line of tacky without going over it. It's like watching dozens of dandelion fluffs floating around in a sea of shamrock... while high on acid.
6 comments on "Hare Polish Nail Lacquer in Hooky at the Hamlet"
  1. Haha, acid. THANKS, DENISE, NOW I REALLY REALLY WANT THIS. (And probably many more!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WORTH EVERY PENNY, LIZ! :D

      I was kinda sick of glitter after last holiday but now I'm fully obsessed again, lol.

      Delete
  2. Holy cow, this is insane. I must have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do! It's such a unique shade, equal parts fun and ridiculous. :D

      Plus, it's only $10 a pop, and you're supporting an indie brand!

      Delete
  3. MAN. I wish I liked polishes like these! For whatever reason, they just don't do it for me. And sadly, I find most indie brands do shades like this, with neat glitter in them and stuff, and I want to support but I'm just not into it, ya know? I totally suck :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think indie brands do glitters because they're generally easier to mix at home. But, hey, there's something for everyone, you know? I think everyone can love and rock glitter polishes, you just gotta find the right mix. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9