Buffalo — Summer 2013: Sephora Haul

on
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
So, despite the fact that I only came back from New York about a month ago, Edward and I decided to make a trip to Buffalo to do some shopping. We decided to stop by Fashion Outlets to scout out some good deals, and whereas Edward managed to get a bunch of great finds (shoes, pants, etc.), I only left with a pair of black Blowfish faux-suede flats (for $10!). We decided to drive down to Walden Galleria where, naturally, I did the rest of my shopping at Sephora:

Urban Decay Naked2 Palette and mini Lip Junkie Lip Gloss in Naked

Urban Decay Naked2 Palette (inside) with Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush

Urban Decay Naked Flushed

Urban Decay Eyeshadows (clockwise from left): Mildew, Evidence, Roach, and Cobra

Urban Decay Rebound Build Your Own Palette

This post might as well have been called "Urban Decay Haul," because every single thing I bought from Sephora was from Urban Decay. I finally broke down and bought the damn Naked2 Palette again (which I had originally bought in New York last fall and got a bad case of buyer's remorse and ended up returning it) because I still love all the shades in that palette and it's $10 cheaper in the States, and then I also snatched up the Naked Flushed blush compact (so silky and pigmented, and universally flattering, too!), plus four more single eyeshadows and another empty palette to put them in (I seriously wish UD would make larger palettes so I wouldn't have to spend $10 on every quad). I didn't want to buy much more because my budget was $200 for the trip (including dinner) and I didn't want any trouble going back over the border... But, yeah, can you tell I have a bit of an Urban Decay obsession right now?

I did have my heart set on buying the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine in 19 Fuchsia in Rage — the only shade from the range that I must have — but they were sold out of it, and even though the beauty advisor tried to find a good substitute shade (she recommended Too Faced's La Crème Lipstick in Berry Sexy) and I had put it in my basket, I ended up putting it back because there were a ton of other things I would've rather bought (plus, as someone with nearly 500 lipsticks, I do not want a substitute shade; I want the shade that I originally picked). I was also considering grabbing the NARS Pierre Hardy Blush Palette in Boys Don't Cry (again), but for $42 USD, it would've taken up a huge chunk of my budget and I think I would've had buyer's remorse. Although, after seeing Latoya's review and photos, I think I am now having non-buyer's remorse. Serious first world/make-up artist problems.


Sephora
Walden Galleria
1 Walden Galleria Drive
Buffalo, NY 14225
(716) 651-1923
4 comments on "Buffalo — Summer 2013: Sephora Haul"
  1. Hahahah YES! Total jerk move here, but you SHOULD have buyers remorse, because that blush is TOTALLY worth the splurge (sorry!!). But definite first world/makeup geek problems haha.

    And I 1000% agree with you about buying the real deal and not a dupe/substitute...'cause you'll likely only end up going back for the real deal. I refuse to give in to that any more, it just doesn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DAMN YOU, TOYA. I think I might just bite the bullet next time I'm at Sephora and buy that damn NARS blush. :P That is, if it's still in stock. Surprisingly, they had a ton of it in the Buffalo location, but I doubt many of the Toronto locations will still have it. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing right now. :P

      OMG, I NEED that effing YSL lipstick. It's so goddamn gorgeous. I had totally written off those Volupte Shines, but the moment I swatched Fuchsia in Rage, I was IN LOVE. So, yes. Basically, next time I'm in Sephora, my bank account's gonna be in trouble. :P

      Delete
  2. I left a comment on Toya's post, but Sephora Bloor Avenue had tons of that blush left last week. I think people aren't buying due to the price. (Also, who needs a blush that humongous except for people like us?)

    LOL @ UD haul but I always get tempted to buy those Naked palettes while in the States too, just because of the deal thing. You might as well have completed the collection, so... hurray! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the only problem is that I never go downtown... :P If I see it next time I'm at Sephora, then I'll grab it... If not, then it wasn't meant to be, lol. And true, only we would love a blush that huge. But I feel like the cost per use, at least for me, would be reaaaalllly high... :P

      LOL, that's what I thought! I think just being a palette whore, I needed Naked2. I really should use my palettes more, though. :P SO MUCH CHOICE, SO LITTLE FACE SPACE!!!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9