MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick

on
Friday, March 4, 2011

Aside from the Jeanius collection, MAC also launched their new line of lipsticks yesterday called Sheen Supreme, and they will become part of the permanent line-up. There are fourteen new shades in this range, and I thought that MAC did a good job of picking a variety of shades for everybody: cool, warm, neutral, lights, darks, brights. These are essentially replacing the old Slimshine lipsticks, which were discontinued a couple years ago. These lipsticks are housed in cylindrical tubes, similar to the Pro Longwear Lipcremes, but in a glossy black finish. I picked up five of the fourteen shades:

  • Bare Again: a semi-opaque pink beige nude with a semi-gloss finish
  • Impressive: a semi-opaque guava pink-brown with a glossy finish
  • Ultra Darling: a semi-opaque coral-pink with subtle soft white shimmer and a semi-gloss finish
  • New Temptation: a semi-opaque bright cherry red with a semi-gloss finish
  • Full Speed: a semi-opaque bright watermelon coral-pink with a semi-gloss finish


Sheen Supreme has quickly become one of my favourite MAC lipstick formulas. They go on extremely smooth, lightweight, creamy, and moisturizing. They make lips look a bit more plush and juicy, but they're not too glossy that they'd make your lipglosses redundant, either. They're exactly as the name implies – they provide a nice sheen. While the Slimshines were glossier and more moisturizing, they also didn't impart as much colour. They were almost like a cross between a lipstick and a tinted lip balm. The Sheen Supremes are like a lighter, glossier, more moisturizing version of MAC's Amplified Creme lipsticks. Meaning, they can impart saturated colour, but you can also use a lighter hand for a "popsicle-stained" look. The darker shades will obviously having a longer wear time, but the lighter shades will last about three hours without re-applying. Moreover, you get slightly more product in a single tube for the same price as a regular MAC lipstick.
2 comments on "MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick"
  1. Hooly Mooly, temptation!!


    I'm so lusting after Full Speed and New Temptation. I don't know if it's because of all the bright lips that were seen on the runways for SS2011 RTW, but I'm on a serious lipstick kick right now. Like, I daydream about lipstick. Isn't that sick?

    p.s. You've read the Twilight series?! OMG, steamy, angsty teenage romance aside, didn't it read like a longer version of a high school short story? I'm so ashamed to admit it, but I still read YA novels. I love, love, love Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush Hush and its follow up, Crescendo, Lauren Kate's Fallen, Beautiful Creatures, etc.

    Methinks I'm still a 12 y.o in a 25 y.o body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Mary, I have a sickness, too. (Clearly.) But, no need to rush into a MAC store for these lipsticks, 'cause they're permanent (FINALLY)! If you like Vegas Volt, you'll love Full Speed. And if you like Russian Red, you'll love New Temptation. ;) Haha, dangerous!

    And yes, I've read the Twilight series over a few times. Haha, I guess it's just done so well because you can really relate to Bella. Like, when you had your first big crush, it was such a big deal, you know? Especially in high school! You totally get caught all up in that drama, it's so good, lol! I've actually never heard of those other novels you mentioned... I think the Twilight series and the HP series are really the only "young adult" books I read. Though I think HP is kind of targeted towards everyone with an imagination. :)

    No worries, I think we're all young at heart in some ways. Sometimes I say the most ridiculous, most immature things, I can't believe it came out of my mouth, lol.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9