Dining Out: Spicy Tteokbokki, Jajangmyeon, and Jjamppong at Jeon Ju Hyang

on
Sunday, January 1, 2023
Starting the year off right by waking up at noon and going for a late lunch at Jeon Ju Hyang:

Spicy tteokbokki

Jjajangmyeon

Jjamppong

I had just about given up looking for decent jjajangmyeon around here because every iteration I've had so far has been impossibly bland and way too thick, but I have finally found it. The jjajangmyeon here has an amazing flavour, a great texture, and perfect noodles. (I was literally like, "Whoa, is this what jjajangmyeon is supposed to taste like? Because I UNDERSTAND THE HYPE NOW.") I was about to pass on it because I'd been disappointed too many times, but Carmen convinced me to share it with her, and I'm so glad she did. It was also my first time trying jjamppong, and oh my god, it is HECKING DELICIOUS. Super flavourful broth with just the right amount of spice, excellent chewy noodles, and jam-packed with seafood. It's a noodle soup dream! 

I knew Jeon Ju Hyang was going to become my go-to Korean restaurant in Markham after my first visit there. And with BTS playing on their TV and on their sound system, it is just the perfect Korean food experience. (To me, anyway. BTS can really elevate a meal for me.)


Jeon Ju Hyang
5694 Highway 7
Markham, ON L3P 1B4
(905) 201-1002
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9