ARIH Modern Noodles in Vongole, Truffle Bulgogi, and Gochujang Butter

on
Sunday, August 16, 2026
ARIH NOODLES HAVE FINALLY ARRIVED IN CANADA!!! 

After months of being exclusive to the US, ARIH Modern Noodles (a.k.a. BTS instant noodles) is finally available here. Granted, we only got 3 of the 7 flavours so far — Vongole, Truffle Bulgogi, and Gochujang Butter — but I'm not even mad about it because a) it seemed unlikely that Canada was even going to get them, and b) they're literally the three I wanted to try the most. (Note: I have not actually tried them yet. I got them and was just extremely excited about it.)

ARIH Modern Noodle in Vongole, Truffle Bulgogi, and Gochujang Butter

It looks like they'll be exclusive to PC retailers here; they were first seen at Shoppers Drug Mart, and I have also seen them at No Frills, which means they'll likely be available at Loblaws, too. Shoppers is retailing them for $9.99 which is definitely steep for a pack of 4 instant noodles, but Iris' dad got them for us on Senior's Day last Thursday, so we got a 20% discount on them. (Bless him, he went to five different locations before finding them.) And hey, $2 for a meal is basically unheard of in this economy, anyway.

Now, we're just waiting for the drinks. (Hopefully, they'll have zero sugar options by the time they come here.)


UPDATE (09/04/26): I have now tried them all. The actual noodles are EXCELLENT. Thick and bouncy with the perfect chew. (Assuming you follow the cooking times listed in the instructions, the noodles will always come out great.) This type of noodle works particularly well with sauces as it holds all the flavour, unlike soup noodles, which benefits from a thinner noodle to hold the flavour. The Gochujang Butter was, by far, the winner of the three for me — the spiciness of the gochujang and the creaminess of the butter powder work perfectly together. 

The Truffle Bulgogi was decent, but while I expected the truffle flavour to be quite artificial, I didn't expect just how sweet the bulgogi component was going to be. I actually needed a bowl of cucumber slices to cut the sweetness throughout eating it. With this one in particular, I do not recommend using the entirety of the sauce packet. I'd start with like, half of it, and work your way up. Finally, the Vongole was my least favourite, which surprised me because I thought it would be so much better. Might need to play around with the ratio of sauce to noodle, but the clam flavour was just TOO artificial for my taste. This was super disappointing since so many reviewers gave it such a good rating. But this is also the only flavour I only ate one pack of, so maybe I need to give it a second go...
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9