Friday Five: Against the grain

on
Friday, September 9, 2022
This week's Friday Five:

  1. When did you most recently eat rice, and what did you have with it? Exactly one month ago, I shared half a bowl of rice with my friend Carmen at Korean BBQ. Weirdly enough, rice is the one carb that I really don't eat a lot of. I almost always prefer bread or noodles over rice.

  2. How do you feel about mustard? Love it. In all forms, but especially horseradish mustard. It's one of my favourite condiments. 

  3. What's your favourite way to eat corn? On the cob, grilled, with butter and salt.

  4. What’s the best oat-based breakfast cereal? Oatmeal Crisp Maple Nut

  5. What are some great ways to consume sesame seeds? On noodles, on tteokbokki, on rice, on bagels, on avocado toast, on bread, on burger buns, on dim sum, on maki, in salads, in tahini, in cookies...

2 comments on "Friday Five: Against the grain"
  1. Oooh tahini. A coworker shared some time ago that she makes her own. I've made peanut butter in a food processor, but for some reason it never occurred to me to make tahini, and I guess it's the same concept, right?

    And I don't know how you go that long without eating rice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, same concept. Although for me, the effort behind making my own tahini or peanut butter far outweighs the benefits. And it doesn't end up being more cost effective. So I will continue to buy all my nutty spreads, lol.

      LOL, yes, a lot of people ask me that, especially because I'm Asian and it's such an integral part of our diets. I guess I just don't eat that much Asian food at home, so I never feel the need to make rice on a regular basis. And even when I go out to eat Asian food, I usually opt for noodles instead. :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9