Cooking at Home: Stovetop Pastitsio-Inspired Fusilli with Greek-Style Bechamel Sauce

on
Thursday, September 8, 2022
Stovetop pastitsio-inspired fusilli with Greek-style bechamel sauce

I inadvertently made the most delicious pasta this evening. I had decided to cook the stovetop pastitsio-inspired fusilli kit from Hello Fresh, and this recipe calls for cinnamon, of all things. (If I've ever had cinnamon in my pasta before, I definitely don't know about it.) Except I accidentally added like, five times the amount and I was like, "Oh fuck, this is gonna taste weird." So then I added four cloves of crushed garlic because, you know, garlic makes all pasta dishes taste better. But the extra cinnamon ended up making it SO DAMN TASTY. It adds this warm, spiced aroma that works so beautifully with the garlic and tomatoes and creamy "bechamel" sauce. The happiest accident I've ever made in the kitchen.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9