Cooking at Home: Panang-Style Beef Curry with Peanuts and Jasmine Rice

on
Thursday, February 10, 2022
Panang-style beef curry with peanuts and jasmine rice

Tonight's dinner kit from Hello Fresh: Panang-style beef curry with peanuts and jasmine rice. Okay, so I don't normally order the curry kits from Hello Fresh because they're never authentic and never taste quite right. Now, this one isn't particularly authentic either (I appreciate that they called it "panang-style" rather than actual panang), but I love coconut-based curries, and this one ended up being really delicious and tasting surprisingly similar to actual panang. Okay, so it's not particularly photogenic, but it was creamy, flavourful, and actually had a spicy kick to it. (And yes, I replaced the cilantro with some chopped spring mix leaves for colour. For reference, I just bought a bottle of laundry detergent, and there is a note in it that reminds me of the taste of cilantro. That's how much cilantro tastes like soap to me.) The only thing I would change is to add less water to make it thicker and creamier, and add a touch of lime juice to it to make it taste a little more authentic. Otherwise, a really solid curry recipe.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9