Photolog 2021: Day 309 of 365

on
Friday, November 5, 2021
Ying and I got off work early today, so we decided to go for an early dinner and do a little shopping, and ended our evening with dessert at Demetres, which we had been craving since our dinner at Scaddabush a couple weeks ago.
 
Unbrûlévable Liège Waffle

The Last Straw Liège Waffle

I hadn't been to Demetres in over two years and they've done some revamping to their menu, including the addition of the liège waffle. Both Ying and I are squarely on Team Waffles, and since neither of us had tried the liège waffle before, we ordered both the Unbrûlévable (brûléed banana, butter caramel sauce, and praliné croquant with Dulce & Banana ice cream) and The Last Straw (fresh strawberries, strawberry coulis, and Honey Vanilla ice cream) with it. A liège waffle is a smaller but denser brioche-based waffle that is studded with pearl sugar, which holds its shape as the waffle cooks so you get crunchy little bits of sugar with every bite. Y'all, it is GLORIOUS. Easily replaced the Belgian waffle as my favourite option at Demetres. I'm genuinely surprised that I'd never heard of this type of waffle before, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to eating regular waffles again, dessert or not.

And now this is what I call, "starting the weekend off right."


Demetres
180 Enterprise Boulevard
Markham, ON L6G 0G4
(905) 472-6881
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9