Photolog 2021: Day 297 of 365

on
Sunday, October 24, 2021
It has been a very, very long time since I went out for Italian food. I've been cooking so much of my own pasta that I hadn't really been craving it, but when Ying and her husband suggested going to Scaddabush for dinner, I couldn't resist. Maybe I could even get some inspo for cooking pasta at home.

Diavolo Pizza

In lieu of an appetizer, we decided on the Diavolo pizza to share. It has one of the more unique combinations of toppings I've seen on a pizza menu: Nduja sausage, soppressata, tomato sauce, pecorino, caramelized onions, kalamata olives, honey, and chilies. It was actually really, really good; the sweetness of the honey and caramelized onions really compliments the saltiness of the sausage and soppressata, and there was a good amount of heat from the chilies. The crust was good, too, with some nice char on the bottom and a good inner chew. I would definitely order this one again. 

Roasted Mushroom & Truffle Gnocchi

For my main, I decided to get a pasta dish that I would never be able to make at home (at least with any success): the Roasted Mushroom & Truffle Gnocchi. First of all, it's gnocchi. I fucking love gnocchi. If there's gnocchi on the menu, I'm almost always gonna get it. But these particular gnocchi are pan-fried with roasted mushrooms in a brown butter Alfredo sauce with a drizzle of truffle oil, and IT IS TO DIE FOR. You know, I've been to Scaddabush a few times and I don't remember ever being really impressed with it, but this dish has changed my mind. Only question is, what the hell did I order before if there's gnocchi on the menu?

Nutella Chocolate Cake

We were all pretty stuffed, but couldn't resist ordering a dessert to share. Neither her husband nor I had  any real preference, so Ying just chose the Nutella chocolate cake. However, the cake was... not impressive. Basic, very much like box cake. Something even I could bake, and probably to better results. Inside was quite dry, and the exterior was almost too hard. (Basically, it was over-baked.) Weirdly enough, there was almost no Nutella flavour. It was just chocolate. Even the sauce on the plate didn't taste like Nutella. Best part of the dessert was, frankly, the pistachio gelato on the side. Excellent, strong nutty flavour, very creamy, and very smooth. At the end of the day, though, the desserts here are just not worth the price. Come here for the pizza and the pasta, and then drive five minutes down the street to Demetres for dessert.


Scaddabush
155 York Boulevard
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 3B4
(905) 709-4280
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9