Unboxing: Quay Australia Sunglasses + Rx Glasses

on
Friday, September 3, 2021
My Quay Australia package finally arrived! I was looking for some new sunglasses because one of my old pairs have really scratched up lenses now and the arms have become loose, and the other pair is totally crooked because I may have kept them in my purse without a case (whoops), so I decided to take a look on Quay Australia to see what was new. I've become a Quay Australia convert since buying my first pair of their High Key sunglasses several years ago because they have a great variety of styles and, most importantly, excellent fits for my face. I have a big head and a flat nose bridge, and their sunglasses fit the width of my face perfectly and don't fall down my nose. I saw that they were having a huge sale on a ton of their sunglasses, so I picked out two styles: my favourite High Key in Gold/Fade on sale for $39 from $65, and Icy in Black/Fade on sale for $19 from $55.

Quay Australia High Key Sunglasses in Gold/Fade (front) and Icy Sunglasses in Black/Fade (back)

Quay Australia High Key Sunglasses in Gold/Fade (front) and Icy Sunglasses in Black/Fade (back)

Then I noticed that they were having a sale on prescription glasses, too! I didn't even know Quay did prescription glasses because they've always been known as a sunglasses brand, but their sale was two pairs for $95 including lenses, which is cheap as fuck for prescription glasses, so I decided to take a look. I've been on the lookout for the perfect oversized, rectangular black plastic frames for a long time, and fell in love with two: the Algorithm Rx Oversized and the Wired Rx Oversized. I figure if their sunglasses fit me so well, then the prescription glasses wouldn't be too far off. It's a little risky without trying them on beforehand, but I usually judge the fit by seeing what it looks like on the model — if it looks really oversized on the model's face, then they'll fit just right on my face. And I was right. I don't need to adjust either pair at all, which is really rare for me. 

Quay Australia Rx Glasses Cases

Quay Australia Wired Rx Oversized Glasses in Black (front) and Algorithm Rx Oversized Glasses in Black (back)

A bonus that I wasn't expecting was that the nose pieces are actually raised (Asian optometrists call this "Asian fit" because we generally have much flatter nose bridges) so they don't slide down my nose like other plastic frames would and they don't touch my lashes, either. However, Quay doesn't offer choices in the lens type, which of course reflects in the lower price. My old Ray-Bans are fit with Nikon lenses, so they cost a lot more but are extremely thin for my prescription (-5.25 OD, -5.00 OS) and have incredible clarity. The Quay ones aren't bad, of course, but the lenses are way thicker (double the thickness of my Nikon lenses) and don't take my astigmatism into account (I noticed this when looking at my digital clock). Still, they were a quarter of the price of my old glasses and they make me look like an awesome nerd, so no regrets.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9