Photolog 2021: Day 210 of 365

on
Thursday, July 29, 2021
Tonight's dinner, a.k.a. this week's first Hello Fresh kit: Spanish chorizo burger with chimichurri salad, feta aioli, and sweet potato wedges. Firstly, the burger was excellent. I mean, it's hard to fuck up a burger (and I'm saying this as someone who made her first burger last month), but it had amazing flavours — the savoury heat of the chorizo, the creamy tang of the feta aioli, and the tartness of the salad complimented each other beautifully.

Spanish chorizo burger with chimichurri salad, feta aioli, and sweet potato wedges

I was, however, confused by the "chimichurri salad" because it doesn't taste anything like chimichurri. I'm pretty sure chimichurri requires garlic, shallots, and chiles, and while there were jalapeño peppers, the salad didn't resemble chimichurri in the slightest. It just tasted like vinegar and parsley and spring mix. So that was a little misleading. And it takes away from the "Spanish" part of the burger. Also, the sweet potato wedges were decent, but kind of... boring? Uninspired? Or maybe I'm just picking all the kits that have baked wedges and I just need to get more variety. I wanted something crispier. You know, like a fry. Maybe I'll cut up my leftover wedges (for tomorrow's dinner) into smaller sticks and re-bake them. Anyway, I would definitely make the burger again, but I'd definitely look up a more authentic chimichurri recipe for it next time.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9