Photolog 2021: Day 182 of 365

on
Thursday, July 1, 2021
Cooked the last kit from my first Hello Fresh box for tonight's (and tomorrow's) dinner: Prime rib cheeseburgers with grilled onion jam and herby garlic hash. Okay, so when I was picking out my meals for this box, I totally did not read that this recipe requires a grill, which I definitely do not have. So I had to make quite a few adjustments, with cooking the burgers in a frying pan and the onion jam and the hash in the convection oven. Which, of course, doubled the cooking time. So I was kinda mad at myself the entire time for not realizing before ordering that this recipe uses only a grill for cooking.

Prime rib cheeseburger with grilled onion jam

Still, the burgers still came out INSANELY GOOD — ultra flavourful and juicy, almost melt-in-your-mouth — especially with the balsamic onion jam, which adds an amazing, sweet, tangy dimension to the beef. The hash could've been excellent except that the veggies were super undercooked in the convection oven and I am not into crunchy potatoes, so it actually ended up taking 40 minutes in the oven and then 5 minutes in the microwave (because I am impatient and said, "FUCK IT, MICROWAVE TO THE RESCUE") to make them soft. (At least I learned what thyme tastes like. And looks like. I guess I have just never needed to use thyme. Or any other herb that isn't already in a bottle. Oh, and I cut a bell pepper for the first time in my life! Look at me becoming a chef!) 

Thus, I have learned my lesson. I will be more vigilant in reading the recipes when choosing my Hello Fresh meals. And also, I bought an adorable, single-serving grill from Amazon. For all my future grilling-in-an-apartment needs.

And that, friends, is how I spent my stat day off. HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9