Photolog 2020: Day 223 of 366

on
Monday, August 10, 2020

Went grocery shopping this evening and figured I would get some beef brisket curry with roti for dinner from my local Vietnamese restaurant because I was randomly craving it today... only to get there at 8:20PM and be met with crushing disappointment because they were already closed. (THE SIGN SAID 8:30PM, GODDAMN IT.) So I settled for Popeyes instead because it was the nearest eatery to the Vietnamese restaurant. I hadn't been to a Popeyes since I was a kid, and I remember it being pretty good, but I also wasn't in the mood to get fried chicken pieces, so I settled for the next safest thing: the Cajun Chicken Sandwich (with cajun fries and onion rings, obviously). 

It was a bit on the small side, as fast food sandwiches usually are. But I appreciate that the chicken is thick-cut white meat, nicely battered, and well-seasoned, and that they use whole leaf lettuce, actual tomato slices, and sturdy artisan buns. (And bonus points for having hot sauce that is actually hot.) It doesn't look or taste like a cheap fast food chicken sandwich. Ironically, it's cheaper than all the chicken sandwich options at all the other fast food chains, and it didn't make me feel sick afterwards, either. It's been over 20 years, but I may have to start visiting Popeyes more often...
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9