Photolog 2019: Day 329 of 365

on
Monday, November 25, 2019

Bit the bullet and got myself the new iPhone 11 Pro Max. I went into the Apple Store just to inquire, and came out with the new phone, a new mobile carrier, and a new phone plan. I decided on the 256 GB model, which seems unnecessary, but I use an intense amount of storage on my phone — it took over four hours to transfer all of my data on to my new phone. (I also got 200 GB of iCloud storage because, wow, I totally didn't back up my phone for three years and I don't have enough hard drive space on my MacBook Pro. Like, could you imagine if I lost all my BTS concert videos? I WOULD DIE.) I had the iPhone 7 Plus and was perfectly happy with it, so I just kept it because neither the iPhone 8 nor any of the X models were enough of a difference to merit upgrading. But the 11 Pro Max is... wow. It is a monster of a phone.

I got it specifically for the camera; the extra lens and new capabilities alone make this phone worth it, but I think because I upgraded from a 7 Plus, the differences seem even more impressive. I didn't even realize how shitty the screen on my old phone was until I saw this one, because the difference in clarity and colour purity is immediate. Even though the phone is physically about the same size as my 7 Plus, the screen on the 11 goes all the way to the edge so it seems extra huge, like even watching YouTube videos on it seems more cinematic. I'm still getting used to Face ID, which I'm not sure I'm a fan of yet because it doesn't recognize me when I'm lying down and that's quite annoying. But I am, overall, extremely happy with my decision to get the 11 Pro Max. Plus, the amount I got for my 7 Plus through the trade-in program paid for my Apple Care entirely, and I even got $6 to put towards something else. I get a corporate discount at Apple through my company (not on the phone, unfortunately, but it does go towards Apple Care and accessories and the like), so I also got a seafoam green silicone case (I'll use it until BTS/BT21 ones get released for the 11 Pro Max) and a wireless charging pad. I figured I'd splurge since this will likely be my phone until the iPhone 15 comes out.

(Yes, Park Jimin is my wallpaper. And he looks extra fine on this super HD screen.)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9