Photolog 2019: Day 100 of 365

on
Wednesday, April 10, 2019

My Puma x BTS Basket Patent Sneakers arrived today! These were released last September, and because I'm an incredibly dedicated ARMY and have also always liked the style of Puma's Basket shoes, I was all set to buy them. (BTS actually designed a pair of shoes previously with Puma called the Turin that I thought were quite hideous so I didn't bother with those at all.) My good ol' friend Mr. Jaewon was selling them on his IG shop so I asked to order a pair from him, but he said I should try seeing if they were available in stores here first because they were an international release. So I looked at several different shoe stores that carried Puma and even called various retailers, but none of them carried this collaboration. I then found out that they'd only be sold at Puma freestanding stores. And all of the ones in Toronto have closed down. (We only have the outlet stores now, so they don't carry new or limited edition products.) Of course, several weeks went by and I convinced myself I didn't need them. But then last month, Mr. Jaewon put them up on his IG store on sale for $65 (the original retail price was $114). And it just so happened that I needed new sneakers, 'cause I started walking about 3km a day for my health and I was using my 15-year-old DC skateboarding shoes (that are now totally ripped at the heel). So, I thought, "It's meant to be!" and promptly DM'd him to order a pair.

And yeah, that's the backstory of my new sneakers.
4 comments on "Photolog 2019: Day 100 of 365"
  1. Your new kicks are very cute. I prefer the Turin. Over the years I've owned many pairs. So many years it is considered a throwback model. One of my big passions is collecting old school track-style white leather athletic shoes. Onitsuka Tiger Colorado 85 Triple-White, Adidas Country II, Puma Turin...

    The BTS Turin is remarkably restrained. Subtle with date of the debut. Almost like jewelry. Rasonably priced. And I love the colorway. That is why I didn't get TokiDoki Onitsuka Tiger California 78. Too OTT.

    P.S. Guess who is going to be on Saturday Night Live? But you probably already knew that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I definitely prefer the style of the Basket over the Turin, but it's most likely due to my preference for skateboarding or tennis-style shoes.

      I agree, I like that the BTS x Puma collabs are more subtle and wearable. Even non-ARMYs could wear them easily.

      Haha, yes, I'm very excited for their SNL performance. It's the first time in maybe 15 years that I actually have a reason to turn on SNL, lol!

      Delete
  2. I shared the pictures of your shoes with my friend Spewgie. She prefers the Baskets, too. And I wondered why.

    "Does Denise run?" No. She walks for exercise. "Do I run?" No. "Do you run?" Yes.

    So. If I am understanding this correctly I prefer BTS Turin running shoes because I am a runner.

    Mystery solved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, this is so true! Haha, I never thought of it that way, but it makes sense. We totally don't buy shoes for athleticism, lol! They cute? We buy 'em. ;)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9