Photolog 2018: Day 247 of 365

on
Tuesday, September 4, 2018

So, I picked up my BigHit package from the post office today. (It actually arrived last Thursday but I didn't have any time this weekend to pick it up 'cause of work, and the post office was closed yesterday for Labour Day.) It was my order for all four versions of Love Yourself: Answer, which means it arrived within six days of the release date. So I gotta eat my words from this post about my previous shopping experience with BigHit. In April, I pre-ordered all four versions of Love Yourself: Tear from the BTS Official Shop (which is run by BigHit), and I didn't receive that order until five weeks after the official release date. I vowed that I wouldn't order from BigHit again because it's ridiculous to pre-order a month in advance (as in, paid in full) and not get the order until a month after the release. Alas, when the pre-orders for Love Yourself: Answer was announced, the BigHit Shop was the only retailer that was selling all four versions in a set (all other official retailers were selling the album as single copies of random versions). Thus, I pre-ordered the set from the BigHit site, even though I knew I may not get them until October.

Now here is where I mention that BigHit went through a revamp in company structure over the summer. They added a department that was solely dedicated to Platform Services to keep up with consumer demand. So among other things, the BTS Official Shop would no longer be updated, and instead, all future official BTS merch would be sold through the new BigHit Shop. I didn't know the full extent of what this change would entail, but I guess it included more organization and efficiency with distribution and E-commerce. The first hint I got that this experience would be different is that I actually got a notice of shipment this time, complete with tracking number. And my order officially arrived last Thursday, which means it took three days to arrive here from Seoul (the norm for standard EMS shipping from South Korea to Canada). And all components of my order arrived, including all four A2 size posters rolled up in a poster tube (yay to no fold creases!) and four surprise pre-order gifts, which turned out to be Love Yourself: Answer blank lined notebooks. Now, I don't know why it took BigHit so long to get this shit organized given how huge BTS has become globally, but I'm very pleased with this new department.

On another note, there is something extremely satisfying in seeing the Love Yourself album series completed on my shelf.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9