Saturday Nine: It's a Jungle Out There (2003)

on
Saturday, August 18, 2018
This week's Saturday Nine:

You can hear this week's song here.
  1. This week's song is the theme from the detective show that ran from 2002-2009. Were you a fan? I'd actually never heard of this show until now.

  2. The song warns us about the air we breathe and the water we drink. Does your home have an air or water filter? My home has both.

  3. The lyrics say, "People say I'm crazy to worry all the time." Are you a worrier? Or do you just take things as they come? It depends what it is, but I really only worry about things I have control over.

  4. TV's Adrian Monk is known for his outstanding deductive powers, an homage to Sherlock Holmes. Have you read any of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books featuring Sherlock Holmes? No. I've never watched any of the shows featuring Sherlock Holmes, either.

  5. Monk was also known for fastidiousness and precision, an homage to Hercule Poirot. Have you read any of Agatha Christie's books featuring Poirot? Also no.

  6. This song was written and performed by Grammy and Emmy winner Randy Newman. Do you have any trophies or plaques? Weirdly enough, no. I've only really ever received certificates for my achievements. I guess trophies and plaques aren't really popular in visual or makeup arts.

  7. Before winning an Oscar in 2001, Mr. Newman had the distinction of having the most nominations (15) without a win. Do you consider yourself a graceful loser? Depends on what I'm losing in and how important the competition is. If it's something I've worked hard on, I'm not necessarily a sore loser, but I get extremely disappointed. But if it's something trivial like a game, then I don't really care if I lose.

  8. In 2003, when this song was introduced, Lance Armstrong won his fifth Tour de France. Later, he was disgraced in a doping scandal. Can you think of a time when a hero disappointed you? No, but I also don't really have any heroes.

  9. Random question — We're catering lunch. Should we put you down for a burger or a taco? Today, I'm craving tacos.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9