Friday Five: Seasons

on
Friday, December 22, 2017
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What foods are most representative of each of the four seasons? Spring: Eggs? Summer: Gelato. Fall: Pie. Winter: Noodle soup!

  2. What are good songs to represent each of the four seasons? As I am obsessed with BTS right now (and really, for the foreseeable future), my song choices for this question will all be by BTS:

    Spring: "Intro: Serendipity"

    Spring is about hope and re-birth, and this song embodies the idea of letting go of the past and looking towards the future. The lyrics read like a romantic love song, but it's actually about self-acceptance and loving yourself. Also, Jimin has one of the most angelic voices I have ever heard in my life.

    Summer: "Run"

    To me, summer is a carefree time when everyone spends more time outside; there's a kind of easy, loose vibe that evokes childhood memories and nostalgia. This song, which represents the recklessness of youth, captures that for me.

    Fall: "Save Me"

    Despite this having a dance beat, there's a kind of desperation and melancholy to this song which reminds me of the fall; the start of early sunsets and dark days. Even the video features them in gloomy weather with sombre expressions.

    Winter: "Spring Day"

    This song is called "Spring Day," but it's actually about the loneliness and depression of winter and wishing for the brightness of spring.

  3. What would be good films to represent each of the four seasons? Spring: Amélie. Summer: Pitch Perfect. Fall: The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Winter: Elf.

  4. If you could divide the calendar year into four seasons some other way with some other theme besides weather or major professional sports, where would each seasons begin and end, and what would each be called? I thought about this question quite a bit and have realized that I always relate the seasons to weather (the way the seasons were originally determined). My mind just can't separate the two. But I might name the seasons after colours. I think January, February, and March would be Blue, because it's cold and snow almost looks blue at dusk and dawn. April, May, and June would be Green, because that's when grass and trees grow again and flowers bloom. July, August, and September would be Yellow, because that's when we have the most sun. October, November, and December would be Red, because the leaves change colour. Also, Christmas.

  5. What's something in your area that's extra fun in the winter? The Toronto Christmas Market. It just gets you in the holiday spirit.
2 comments on "Friday Five: Seasons"
  1. I never pegged you for a K-Pop lover. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, trust me - It came as a surprise to me, too. I actually don't know how this happened.

      That having been said, I'm not really a K-Pop lover, per se... I only love the one group, lol.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9