Peter's Fine Dining

on
Saturday, January 4, 2014
After a very hectic holiday season with a tightly-packed schedule, I'm finally able to take a bit of a breather now that it's January. Edward and I haven't been on a proper date in a while, so he took me out for a lovely dinner this evening at Peter's Fine Dining:

Dill pickles and Kalamata olives

Basket of toasted garlicky bread goodness

The moment we entered the restaurant, we were immediately greeted and offered to have our coats put in the coatroom. There is no dress code here, but there is an air of sophistication in there that makes you feel like you should be in a dress and heels and maybe even pearls. Perhaps it's because all the servers are all in jackets and ties complete with pocket squares. We were seated in a nice cozy corner, and the host pulled out a seat for me and even set my napkin in my lap after I sat down. Upon ordering, our server placed a platter of dill pickles and olives in the centre of the table (to whet the appetite), along with a basket of toasted garlic sesame bread, which he first offered to us to take our pick before setting it down on the table. 

Baltimore-Style Crab Cakes

Steak Neptune

We decided to share the crab cakes to start — perfectly moist and tender, packed with massive chunks of crab, encased in crispy golden perfection. Slather on the housemade tarragon tartar sauce, and you've got yourself a deliciously indulgent appetizer that you finish in about a minute and wish you had about eight more. For my main course, I decided on the Steak Neptune, which consists of a 6-ounce specially aged and hand cut filet mignon that's topped with crab meat and asparagus hollandaise. Cooked to a perfect medium rare, it's perfectly tender and incredibly juicy; the crab meat adds a fantastic dimension of flavour, the hollandaise gives it a creamy smooth texture, and the asparagus adds a refreshing crunch. On the side, baby carrots, turnip, and broccoli, and a baked potato which they add butter and sour cream tableside. Classic steak dinner done right.

This place is a true old-school fine dining restaurant, where everything is done the proper way, treating girls like ladies and guys like gentlemen. The menu is well-curated and offers all classic steakhouse dishes. Service is absolutely fantastic; extremely polite, attentive, and efficient. The old-fashioned aspect to the place is further accented by the decor, which is rather reminiscent of a parlor, all dark wood, dim lights, and damask-print chairs and linens, complete with fireplace to give a cozy, intimate atmosphere. I love that it's still family-owned and operated, too. And as we asked for the check, our server presented me with a single pink rose as a parting gift. I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant where I was given a flower just for being a lady. Seriously, a true gem in Markham. 


Peter's Fine Dining
5701 Highway 7
Markham, ON L3P 1B1
(905) 294-9039
9 comments on "Peter's Fine Dining"
  1. i haven't been to a steakhouse in ages! and i love me some steak. my parents would take us out to The Keg now and then but since i'm here and they're there..... :P

    granted, i roast my own prime ribs and grill my own steaks so i'm not exactly losing out on much :)
    but all the crab talk has made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Keg, but there's something so glamourous about going to an old-school classic steakhouse, you know? :)

      I don't really cook at home unless you count the occasional grilled cheese, omelette, or pasta dish... But eating a steak or prime rib at a restaurant just isn't quite the same as eating it at home, you know? Different restaurants use different cuts of beef, for example, and their marinades and spices are different... plus, it's just the whole experience, with the atmosphere and the service... :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely dining experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rather spectacular! I love trying out great non-chain restaurants. :)

      Delete
  3. Now I want a steak so badly!

    Well, I'm free all of next week, as far as I know. Let's go eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm down to eat pending on the weather, lol. It's supposed to be like, -30 tomorrow, so I don't how it's gonna look next week... but I'm off on Tuesday (the 14th) and Saturday (the 18th)! :)

      Delete
    2. Are you still free on Tuesday? Not sure about the weather but I can go up to Yonge/Finch if you don't want to come all the way downtown. Either works!

      Delete
    3. I have plans on Tuesday. :( Let's seeee... What's your schedule like for the week after? I am off Wednesday the 22nd and Thursday the 23rd!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9