Sunday Video Love: Team

on
Sunday, January 5, 2014

Lorde's Pure Heroine was, in my opinion, one of the best albums released in 2013. "Royals" was a great first single, but "Team" is one of my favourite songs off Pure Heroine. It blows my mind that a 16-year-old can not only produce such catchy music, but also be such a strong singer and write poignant lyrics. There's a lot of young girls out there who aspire to be pop stars, to be famous, and many of them have amazing voices (as seen on shows like The X Factor, The Voice, or American Idol), but not many of them can say that they can write songs with such addictive hooks while simultaneously having lyrics that comment on both social and political issues; Lorde might just be the best example of the anti-pop star in today's pop culture society. If you haven't yet heard Lorde's songs (besides "Royals," which, let's be honest, has been overplayed since the summer), her music is really worth exploring.
6 comments on "Sunday Video Love: Team"
  1. I completely agree and this is one of my favourite songs too. It's rare these days to find an artist so young who writes such thoughtful lyrics that lend her music so much depth and richness. Most of them seem to be overly concerned with being famous and talent seems to be an afterthought. Oddly enough, I really didn't like "Royals", still don't, maybe because it's been played to death, but the rest of the album is amazing. By far my favourite in a long time.
    Love your blog btw! I've got lots of family in Toronto and I always check your blog for restaurant recommendations before going to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Reehana! I totally agree with you; I think it's the same reason I love artists like Ellie Goulding, who also writes all of her music and is incredible live to boot. It took a little while for "Royals" to grow on me -- I didn't love it when it first came out, and had to listen to it a few times before I started enjoying it. But I agree that the rest of the album is amazing; it's one of the few albums that has come out recently where I can actually say I enjoy every single song.

      Thanks for reading and commenting! :) So glad you enjoy my blog, and I hope some of recommendations have come in handy, lol!

      Delete
  2. She is definitely a breath of fresh air! And after seeing your pictures, I'm totally planning my next trip to Toronto around this year's CNE! It was the lobster roll lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You should DEFINITELY come for The Ex!!! It's honestly the highlight of my summer. :)

      Delete
  3. 100% agree that this album was one of the best last year - and my personal absolute fave of 2013, hands down. Dead-on about the lyrics and her musical abilities overall - she blows my mind! And I have a soft spot for her too because she's from NZ :) I love the song 'White Teeth Teens' - I think that, Buzzcut Season, and A World Alone are my faves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you know how I love them Kiwis! I think we've discussed this, actually, 'cause "White Teeth Teens" is my favourite, too! :) Pure Heroine was definitely one of my most-listened-to albums last year.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9