Friday Five: Useless

on
Friday, January 3, 2014
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What item in your house is pleasantly useless? Plush toys. That gigantic stuffed Totoro sitting in the corner of my bedroom? Totally useless, but so damn cute! Just looking at it makes me smile.

  2. What item in your house was used exactly once and will probably never be used for its intended purpose again? The fireplace. We've literally turned it on once and then never again. It's one of those fancy gas fires, but for some reason, we've never been the type to use fireplaces. In fact, I think we just turned it on when we first moved in just to see that it worked. 

  3. What situation do you continue to attempt repairing 'though your efforts appear to be useless? Keeping my make-up organized. I accumulate way too much stuff and then have no space for them, so they just keep piling up on all of my tabletops. When I organize make-up, I get really anal about it, going by type of product, and then by brand, and then by collection (if it's limited edition) or by colour. So the thought of organizing it all gets too overwhelming and I don't even bother with it. 

  4. What are your thoughts on belly buttons? Totally unnecessary and can look kinda gross when you're too close-up, but your torso would look really awkward without it. It's like eyebrows.

  5. What food item at your grocery store keeps calling out to you, 'though you have no idea what you'd do with it? None, really. When I actually do grocery shopping, I know exactly what I'm looking for, or an idea of what I want. I guess some of the condiments or spices look interesting, but then I'm like, "Oh, wait, I don't cook." So that ends that pretty fast.
2 comments on "Friday Five: Useless"
  1. i too have plush toys. i use to have two here in toronto but i had to send Worry Bunny home because i thought i might be moving back to vancouver and wanted to start getting things back home. however, Martin (who looks like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ty-Safari-Beanie-Boo-6/dp/B003M7DPHI) stays with me all the time.

    food items always call to me at the grocery stores. sometimes i'll buy produce just because it looks interesting and i'll figure out how to cook it when i get home. wheat products too. i tried out bulgar and farro for the first time because of my curiosity. it was tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, love plush toys! I try not to keep too many, but I have five that I keep for sentimental value. :) Are you moving back to Vancouver?

      Lol, it's cool that you're experimental with your cooking. If I ever got into cooking, I might do that, too, lol. But as it is, I'm like, "Just gonna get a block of cheese and call it a day." LOL.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9