Sunday Video Love: Royals

on
Sunday, October 20, 2013

Judging by the immense number of views this video has gotten, I assume this song is on heavy rotation on the radio. But seeing as I don't listen to the radio, I can thoroughly enjoy this song without getting ridiculously sick of it. When I first listened to this song in the summer, I didn't fall in love with it immediately. But I stumbled upon the video again and again and found myself singing along to it. Next thing I know, I'm addicted to it; it's stuck in my head, and I'm humming it all day long. I downloaded her album, Pure Heroine, a few weeks ago, and I've been switching back and forth between it and The Naked and Famous' In Rolling Waves for the past month. What can I say, I'm really digging Kiwi tunes right now. The New Zealand music scene is definitely having its moment.
4 comments on "Sunday Video Love: Royals"
  1. Love that song! And The Naked and Famous is opening for Imagine Dragons in toronto in march :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about buying tickets for that concert, but I'm not a huge fan of Imagine Dragons and didn't think the arena ticket price was worth it... I'm not a huge fan of seated concerts, either, so I'm passing on it for now! I may change my mind later, but knowing my luck, all the good seats will be gone by then, lol.

      Delete
  2. I totally agree, NZ all the way! I am OBSESSED with this album, I can't even tell you. I downloaded it probably a month ago and haven't stopped listening to it since. SO. EFFING. GOOD. White Teeth Teens and A World Alone I think are my faves (though Tennis Court is right up there too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yessss, this album is SO GOOD! White Teeth Teens is one of my favourites, too. :) There actually isn't a single song that I remotely dislike. They're all catchy and well-written. Buzzcut Season, Team, and Glory and Gore are also faves! I'm hoping she comes to Toronto so I can see her perform live.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9