Marc Jacobs Shameless Bold Blush in 214 Promiscuous

on
Monday, October 21, 2013

Okay, unless you've been living under a rock (in the make-up world, anyway), you'll know that Marc Jacobs came out with his own cosmetics line a few months ago, exclusive to Sephora. Marc Jacobs is one of the many fashion designers who have forayed into cosmetics, but his target audience with his namesake brand has always been a younger, hipper, trendier crowd, which is what makes this venture into make-up a little different. Though a lot of the attention was drawn to the eyeshadow palettes from this line, I decided to try out the blushes first (what can I say, blush fiends will be blush fiends). These are packaged in slim, streamlined black mirrored compacts with a silver snap close and the Marc Jacobs logo embossed on the front. Each blush comes with a mini blush brush and a black fabric pouch, contains 4.5 grams of product, and retails for $36.

214 Promiscuous

214 Promiscuous

210 Irresistible is a medium-dark brightened rose pink with subtle cool undertones and a soft sheen in a satin finish. This is a permanent shade. It has a dry, silky, finely-milled texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is lighter and cooler than MAC Dollymix, less purple-toned than MAC Gentle Mineralize Blush, darker and cooler than MAC Dainty Mineralize Blush, warmer and less bright than Tarte Adored and NARS Angelika, and lighter and warmer than NARS Mata Hari.

I have found that the texture of these blushes is very similar to MAC's Mineralize Blushes, so it's on the drier side, as if they were baked, rather than buttery. I didn't have any issues with pigmentation or blending with these, and they apply smoothly and evenly — and sit on the skin that way, as well (e.g. not patchy). Promiscuous is a fairly bright colour on its own, so I recommend using light layers to build the colour rather than pack it on in one go (unless you like clown cheeks, and no judgement if you do!). On that note, though, it buffs out really easily and can look really natural on the skin, as if it was apart of it. This should work well on all skintones from fair to deep dark, as well. Promiscuous is described as a "warm rose," though I personally found it to be on the slightly cooler side. What I like about this shade is that it's a brightened pink that's doesn't stray into 'bubblegum' or 'cotton candy' or neon territory. Nor is it so dark that it veers into the berry or plum families. It's a very flattering "blooming flush," if you will. And it's a perfect pink for every season.
10 comments on "Marc Jacobs Shameless Bold Blush in 214 Promiscuous"
  1. It's funny, the swatches all look so different from the pan. I like this pink and it does look slightly cool to me too.

    I think that I need MJ to come out with a humongous giant sized blush palette. YES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that to be true with all of MJ's blushes! They all swatch quite differently than what it looks like in the pan. It looks SO MUCH warmer in the pan and way cooler in execution. Not a bad thing, but definitely swatch them in store before buying!

      LOL, if he does come out with a giant-sized blush palette, I AM SO ON THAT. I'm actually quite tempted to get the new Tarte blush palette even though I realllllly don't need it... Unnngghhh.

      Delete
    2. You need to jump on that palette quickly then. I'm sure they'll restock but noticed at Eaton Centre Sephora today that the Tarte palette was GONZO.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, it was gone at the Markville location, too, and I reckon that if it's sold out at Markville, it'll be sold out everywhere. They still have it online, though (and it's free shipping because I'm a VIB Rouge member now). Still, I'm debating whether or not to get it because I have my eye on like, four shades of those Instain blushes by TheBalm, lol!

      Delete
  2. the color of this so amazing! but yes i agree w/ liz the color looks diff swatched than it does in the pan. what an intense pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like that this blush came out cooler than it looks in the pan 'cause blushes always end up looking way warmer on me! It's also one of the more "all-season" blushes from MJ's line, which I like. May pick up some of the brighter shades at some point, though. :)

      Delete
  3. Such a nice colour :) The sleek black packaging is pretty nice too. Will be going to San Francisco in December. Hopefully there'll be some Marc Jacobs products still available at Sephora then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the Sephoras I have been to recently have been really well-stocked with MJ's line, so you shouldn't have any problems getting your hands on some goodies. :) The nail polishes are gorgeous, too!

      Delete
  4. Ohhhh LOVE this color Denise! I had determined that I wasn't going to buy anything from MJs line, but these blush swatches are killing me. MUST. BUY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm not so excited for MJ's other products but the blushes were just calling to me... I heard great things about the eyeshadow palettes but $72 is a bit too steep, even for me, lol. Definitely check out the blushes next time you're in Sephora, though. They have some amaaaaazing shades!!!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9