Marc Jacobs Shameless Bold Blush in 210 Irresistible

on
Saturday, October 19, 2013

Okay, unless you've been living under a rock (in the make-up world, anyway), you'll know that Marc Jacobs came out with his own cosmetics line a few months ago, exclusive to Sephora. Marc Jacobs is one of the many fashion designers who have forayed into cosmetics, but his target audience with his namesake brand has always been a younger, hipper, trendier crowd, which is what makes this venture into make-up a little different. Though a lot of the attention was drawn to the eyeshadow palettes from this line, I decided to try out the blushes first (what can I say, blush fiends will be blush fiends). These are packaged in slim, streamlined black mirrored compacts with a silver snap close and the Marc Jacobs logo embossed on the front. Each blush comes with a mini blush brush and a black fabric pouch, contains 4.5 grams of product, and retails for $36.

210 Irresistible

210 Irresistible

210 Irresistible is a medium-dark brightened warm apricot orange with a soft sheen in a satin finish. This is a permanent shade. It has a dry, silky, finely-milled texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is much darker and more orange than MAC Peaches, brighter and more orange than MAC Peachtwist, less pink than Tarte Blissful, slightly darker than NARS Gilda, lighter and less reddened than NARS Liberté, much more muted and more pinked than Illamasqua Excite, and slightly darker and more muted than Chanel Frivole.

There have been some mixed reviews on this blush, but I personally found it super effortless to use. It has a texture that is similar to MAC's Mineralize Blushes, so it's on the drier side, as if they were baked, rather than buttery. I didn't have any issues with pigmentation or blending with these, and they apply smoothly and evenly — and sit on the skin that way, as well (e.g. not patchy). Irresistible is a fairly bright colour on its own, so I recommend using light layers to build the colour rather than pack it on in one go (unless you like clown cheeks, and no judgement if you do!). On that note, though, it buffs out really easily and can look really natural on the skin, as if it was apart of it. This should work well on all skintones from fair to deep dark, as well. What I like about this shade is that it's not really a peach or a coral, which I associate more with warmer months. There's a burnished quality to this shade that which makes it a great option for fall and winter. If you like warm, orange-toned blushes, this is definitely one to look at.
4 comments on "Marc Jacobs Shameless Bold Blush in 210 Irresistible"
  1. I wasn't really interested in this whole line because MJ is not my favorite designer or line, but this is really pretty in the swatch! I like that it's orange and not peachy - such a pet peeve of mine, lol! I like orange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually do love MJ as a fashion designer, but that's not necessarily what drew me to the make-up (it's like with Burberry or Dolce & Gabbana or Tom Ford -- none of them are my favourite designers but OMGGGGG the make-up is GORGEOUS!!!). I think it was curiosity more than anything, just to see if the products are any good. But I started swatching up a storm in Sephora and was like, "MUST HAVE." :P

      I love my peach blushes, but I appreciate a good orange blush and this is one of the most wearable ones I've seen! :)

      Delete
  2. GODDAMMIT, I WANT!!!

    I'm slowly warming to the brand even though their packaging is stupidly oversized and they cost a lot. But after playing around with the testers, I'm giving in. I want this blush and that reddened one - you know which I mean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Liz, you know you a blush fiend for life.

      I'm kinda indifferent to the packaging. I think it's modern and streamlined but yes, some of it is oversized and kind of a pain in the ass to store. I don't think this will deter me from buying more, though, lol! I'm kinda intrigued in the lilac one, but I have a feeling it's going to be too light on my skintone... Might have to test that one out 'cause it's such a unique shade and therefore I feel I must have it. I also like Rebellious and Tantalizing (I think this is the one you're thinking of) but I might have to do some more swatching first to see if I have too many blushes like it, lol. Though, knowing me and my blush whore tendencies, I might just get them, anyway. :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9