Survey Says...

on
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
This week's Survey Says... from Temptalia:
  1. Your skintone/colouring? Medium with yellow/olive undertones (NC35), dark brown hair and eyes.
  2. Best way to add sparkle to the eyes: If you use a shimmery eyeshadow or pigment on the lid and a matte shadow in the crease, it makes the shimmer really pop. I also love putting a light champagne shadow in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten up a look. If I'm feeling lazy, I'll use a single shade of shimmery shadow (my favourite is MAC's All That Glitters) and just sweep it all over the lid up to the crease. If I want a ton of sparkle, I'll use a really metallic or glittery shadow like MAC's Crushed Metallic Pigments (though I've heard great things about Armani's Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadows and L'Oreal's Infallible Eyeshadows). Another easy way to add sparkle is to use a metallic or shimmery eyeliner, and the best I've used is MAC's Pearlglide Eye Liners, though Lise Watier and Urban Decay both make great ones.
  3. Best way to add a glimmer to the lips: Any lip gloss with shimmer. MAC's Viva Glam VI looks good on everyone and the shimmer mimics diamond dust. It's gorgeous, and every cent goes to the MAC AIDS Fund.
  4. Best way to add a glow to the cheeks/face: The easiest way, for me, is just simply to use a shimmery blush (if you want glow, you do shimmer; if you want disco ball, you do glitter). But I love using powder highlighters on my cheekbones; my favourites are NARS' Miss Liberty and MAC's Soft and Gentle. For those who prefer using creams, I would suggest MAC's Strobe Cream or Lotion for a subtle all-over face glow, and NARS The Multiple in Copacabana or MAC's Cream Colour Bases as highlighters.
2 comments on "Survey Says..."
  1. I'm loving shimmery, gilded lids right now. Damn those Armani ETKs for being so goddamn expensive! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I think that's why I'm so hesitant to buy them. I just think $40+ for a SINGLE eyeshadow is ridiculous. Like, even I draw the line there. I am, however, willing to check out the L'Oreal Infallibles... I might pick up one or two just to see what the hype is all about.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9