Bath & Body Works: Winter Candles

on
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
When the winter candles started rolling in at Bath & Body Works, I had pretty much dismissed 85% of them. Fresh Balsam? Fireside? Merry Mistletoe? Winter Night? Snowed In? No, thanks. (I had bought four Lavender Vanilla and a Cranberry Woods candle, but I count those as fall candles, because that was in, like, September.) As it turns out, I'm not a huge fan of winter smells, at least according to Bath & Body Works. All of them basically incorporates a tree in it — fir, cypress, cedar, pine, etc. If I wanted to smell a tree, I'd just go outside, you know? And all the non-tree scents were food-based: cinnamon, vanilla, apple, gingerbread, nutmeg. I want to eat baked goods, not just smell them and binge on cookies later when I inevitably succumb to temptation. But, just as I thought the winter candles were a total pass, they released two scents a couple weeks later that I totally fell in love withCranberry Pear Bellini and Sparkling Icicles. No tree notes! No baked goods! Fresh, clean, citrusy, and slightly sweet, but not summery. Perfection!


I was going to grab them when I first saw them, but then I was like, "No, wait for them to go on sale. They always go on sale!" So, I waited. And they finally went on sale a couple weeks later. But then I was like, "No, wait until we go to Buffalo. It's cheaper in the States!" So, I waited. But they were not on sale, because as it turns out, the sale was over the day before I got there. So, I got back to Toronto, and waited until they were on sale again. Finally, the 2 for $30 sale arrived last week, and I went to my local store. And the candles were nowhere to be found! I checked another location. Sold out. A third location. Also sold out. I panicked. I put myself on a waiting list. A waiting list for candles, guys. It was getting ridiculous. And finally, last night, I found them at the Fairview location. (This is a pretty dramatic story, no?) And not only were they 2 for $30, but my friend used his staff discount and bought them for me at an extra 40% off. So, I got my candles at $20 after tax instead of $30 before tax. Moral of the story: Good things come to those who wait. Asian moral of the story: I should've stocked up on more.
6 comments on "Bath & Body Works: Winter Candles"
  1. I'm embarrassed to be such a sucker for the Fireside candles. Which are candles that smell like you're burning something. But it's such a cozy burn smell and we don't have a fireplace. I confess to buying 4 at a time so my apartment can smell like it's on fire all the way through spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, everyone has a favourite, no need to be embarassed! I love the Lavender Vanilla candle so much, I bought four as well. :) I guess that's my go-to cozy scent. Fireside isn't my cup of tea (it's too leathery/woodsy for me), but I'm glad you found one you love so much!

      Delete
  2. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

    I like Sparkling Icicles too. Not enough to buy but I think it's nice. :) I'm not a big fan of the Christmas spices, which I think is supposed to be nostalgic to a lot of people but I didn't grow up with those smells. Pine is okay but I need it to lean fresh rather than spicy, or a complicated kind of smokey and woodsy instead of like furniture cleaners. I do like that we can always find one or two that we like at B&BW even though we hate 90% of the 10,000 candles they offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sparkling Icicles smells like a hot guy, LOL. Like, a hot guy coming fresh out of the shower. I like to imagine Ryan Gosling is with me as I'm burning it...

      I feel the same way about the Christmas spices; I didn't grow up with it, either, so I don't feel the need to smell it to feel nostalgic. And I agree with pine being fresh rather than spicy. I don't mind cedarwood that much, either, but it can't be too overwhelming...

      I guess the whole point of B&BW releasing so many scents is because people are so particular about what smells we like. I mean, some people were OBSESSED with pumpkin-ANYTHING when they came out in the fall, and I was like, "Nooooo, thank you." But, I agree, there's always a couple that I looooove every season, which keeps it fun. :)

      Delete
  3. Love the candles from BBW. I seriously burn through them like crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I tend to go through one every two weeks, which can get verrryyyy pricey. :(

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9