Birthday Hauls

on
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
I got a lot of stuff over the past week, including my purchases from my trip to Buffalo (which basically means Sephora and Target) and IMATS (my friend went to get stuff for me because I was in the States), and birthday gifts received:

Disney Cinderella by Sephora Storylook Eyeshadow Palette

Disney Cinderella by Sephora Storylook Eyeshadow Palette (inside)

Urban Decay The Vice Palette

Urban Decay The Vice Palette (inside)

Tarte Fantastic Foursome Set

Tarte Fantastic Foursome Set (clockwise from left): Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Angelic, Stellar, Magic, and Fantastic

NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and Fresh Sugar Kisses Mini Lip Duo Birthday Bonus (Fresh Mini Sugar and Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15)

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Facial Cleansing Gel and Eye Makeup Remover

Lancôme Pure Focus Anti-Ageing Matifying Cream-Gel and Hydra Zen Extreme Soothing Moisturising Cream-Gel from Duty Free


Butter London Holiday 2012 Nail Lacquer in Fairy Cake, Shambolic, Fiddlesticks, Scuppered, and Jack the Lad

Essie Winter 2012 Nail Polish in Snap Happy and Where's My Chauffeur?, and China Glaze Bohemian Luster Chrome Nail Lacquer in Deviantly Daring and Unpredictable


Crown Brushes (IB120, IB103, IB101, IB102, C400, and C108) from IMATS

OCC Lip Tars in Yaoi, Psycho, Lydia, and Demure from IMATS

Lush Karma Kream Body Lotion, Calacas Shower Jelly, Whoosh Shower Jelly, Slammer Shower Gel, Twilight Shower Gel, Twilight Bath Bomb, and Fizzbanger Bath Bomb from my Lush friend, Fran


2 Broke Girls: The Complete First Season, The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fifth Season, Grey's Anatomy: The Complete Eighth Season, and Pretty Little Liars: The Complete Second Season from Ben


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and Brave on Blu-ray and DVD on sale from Target

Method Hand Wash in Pear Ginger (bottle designed by Orla Kiely), Fresh Currant, and Waterfall from Target

Many delicious Oreos (Peanut Butter Fudge Cremes, Double Stuf Heads or Tails, and Triple Double Neapolitan) from Target

Suffice it to say, I had a very, very good birthday, and I am also now very, very broke.
4 comments on "Birthday Hauls"
  1. I'm excited to see your purchases as I'm hoping to make a trip over in the next few weeks. Do you recall if they had the other Tarte giftsets like Smoldereyes or LipSurgence? I don't know why but Tarte has the WORST conversion rates....I did the math on a number of products from a number of brands and they're consistently horrid!

    Also really excited to see those oreos...can't wait to see what other special flavor snacks they had. Last time I went I went crazy with marshmallows - they even had pina colada and chocolate mint!

    And the Orla Kiely soap!! I'm been a little obsessed with her stuff after I bought two special edition tanks from Uniqlo she designed. I really want one of her makeup bags or totes.

    Looks like you had a good shopping trip! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they had a few of the other gift sets, but I don't remember which ones they were... When I see Tarte, I automatically zero in on the blushes, lol! I was originally looking for four of their new shades but the store didn't have them yet, and that's when I saw the blush set and was like, "OMG $35 IS SO CHEAP!!!" It was a done deal. :P And totally agree on the conversion rates for Tarte. Seriously, a full-size blush over there is $25 and $33 here!!!

      Haha, I don't know why but there's like, 28 different types of Oreos in the States and like, three here. It's like that with most junk food, sadly. Maybe that's why Americans are so fat because they just can't decide which type of Cheet-O to get. :( But, seriously. PINA COLADA MARSHMALLOWS? Ugggnnnnhhh, should've looked at the food aisles more...

      Yeah, I loooove Orla Kiely's designs. So cute and girly and colourful! Didn't get to pick up her stuff from Uniqlo (the last collaboration collection I picked up from there was Lulu Guinness), but she has a little collaboration with Method right now, so her prints are on the hand soaps, dish soaps, and surface cleanser. The Target in Buffalo only had the one print that you see above, but there are several others available (that I am now bummed I couldn't find!!!).

      Delete
  2. LOOK AT ALL THIS STUFF!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeee! *dives in* lol

    I got the Tarte blush set too during the VIB sale. And I'm still so into the palette scene because those Cinderella and Vice palettes look amazing!

    So glad you had a great birthday. :) There are a couple of things for you to add to this haul when we meet up on Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. It's true, I obtained quite a few things... :P

      Yeah, apparently, I'm still in the palette scene, too, 'cause even though I have about 9847 eyeshadows, I still feel the need to buy copious amounts of palettes... There were actually two more palettes on my list and I was like, "No, Denise. You do not need four new eyeshadow palettes." SELF-CONTROL.

      I missed out on the VIB sale because it was during a weekend that I was working and I couldn't get near a Sephora. And I've also banned myself from online cosmetics shopping. Except for nail polish, lol. But yeah, I figured I'd just wait until I was in the US to buy stuff at Sephora. (20% off a Tarte blush in Canada is still more expensive than a full-priced Tarte blush in the States. How ridiculous is that?)

      YAYYYY I'm excited to see you on Friday!!! :D

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9