Anchor Bar

on
Sunday, November 18, 2012
We couldn't stay in Buffalo and not eat at the "Home of the Orignal Buffalo Chicken Wing," am I right?





Mild Buffalo wings

The original medium Buffalo wings

Are they worth the hype? A resounding 'yes.' Each wing, which I thought was larger than the average chicken wing, is deep-fried to crispy perfection, with tender, moist meaty goodness on the inside. The mild wings have an almost buttery flavour to them with a hint of spice. The medium wings (which is the original recipe) are tangy, equal parts sweet and spicy, and just as addictive. Neither of them are too dry or too saucy; they are just perfectly coated, and absolutely divine whether or not you dip them in the blue cheese dressing. And no need to get sides — a single order (ten wings) will be enough to make you (really) full. The service is polite, attentive, and efficient, and the decor is equal parts rustic and motorcycle gang. Basically, it's a must-visit for chicken wing fans.


Anchor Bar
1047 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14209
(716) 886-8920
6 comments on "Anchor Bar"
  1. My saliva glands are flooding.
    Those look like perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they were, they really were. Best $13 I ever spent on wings...

      Delete
  2. I was just there on the 11th! The rest of their food isn't that good and a little over priced (for the US) IMO but yes, the wings are really good! I liked that they were "naked" wings and not just Frank's Red Hot coated. But I have to admit, my favourite wing place is this side of the border - the Crown & Dragon at Yonge & Davenport. The MTV kids started going there after the station moved into the Masonic Temple there and it got totally crowded, prices went up, wings got smaller, etc. but it's still really good. They have 24+ flavors everything from Tandoori to Key Lime to Parmesan. If you like wings, you havvveeee to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't try anything else off the menu 'cause I was like, "We can't NOT get the wings at the HOME OF THE ORIGINAL BUFFALO WINGS..."

      I've never heard of Crown & Dragon, but will be sure to keep it in mind when I'm downtown and in the mood for wings! :D I usually end up going to St. Louis 'cause there's so many more locations and it satisfies all my wing cravings... I don't mind All Star, either, but I find that they have way too many flavours and it ends up confusing me, lol.

      Delete
  3. It never occurred to me that there was an existing origin to Buffalo chicken wings!!! This is going on the list of life missions. And I'm having medium chicken wings today, no matter what! *also has a mouthful of saliva at the moment* LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, why else would they be called BUFFALO wings? I wondered this when I was little, 'cause I was like, "BUT BUFFALOS DON'T HAVE WINGS!!!"

      I just can't believe it took me 26 years before actually trying these... UGH, now I'm craving, too. AND I AM SICK, so chicken wings are a bad, bad, bad idea. :( Oh, blog, why are you so cruel?

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9