MAC Glamour Daze: Powder Blushes

on
Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Last Thursday, MAC released a new collection called Glamour Daze, which is this year's holiday colour collection. This launch features a total of 35 products — 24 of which are new and limited edition, nine of which are re-promotes, and two of which are permanent. Glamour Daze sees the release of three new and limited edition shades of Powder Blush. They are packaged in limited edition glossy black compacts with clear lids and the MAC logo in white, and come in matching cardstock boxes. Each Powder Blush comes with 6 grams of product, and retails for $26.50.

Clockwise from right: Easy Manner, I'm the One, and Small Vanity

Easy Manner, I'm the One, and Small Vanity

Easy Manner is a medium peachy pink with coral undertones and a subtle sheen in a Satin finish. It is a new and limited edition shade. It has a soft, silky texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is much more pink than Melba, and similar to Peachykeen but without the shimmer. 
I'm the One is a medium cool-toned bubblegum pink in a Satin finish. It is a new and limited edition shade. It has a soft, silky texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. There is nothing really similar to this in MAC's permanent range; it is darker and much brighter than Pink Swoon. 
Small Vanity is a medium-dark dusty rose tan with a subtle sheen in a Satin finish. It is a new and limited edition shade. It has a soft, silky texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is darker and more brown than Mocha, and more pink than Coppertone.

All three blushes applied beautifully — smoothly and evenly, with good pigmentation. Easy Manner does turn darker on the skin, so don't be fooled by the lightness of the shade in the pan. That having been said, Easy Manner and I'm the One will be more suited to fair to medium-dark skintones; those with darker skintones may find these two shades on the ashy side. Small Vanity is more suited to medium to dark skintones; those with fair skintones may find it looking ruddy on the skin. Those who missed out on Peony Petal from Très Cheek in April will want to check out I'm the One, as they are almost identical. All three are nice to have, but we have seen shades like these released by MAC before (and recently!), so be sure to check your stash to see if you already have dupes.
8 comments on "MAC Glamour Daze: Powder Blushes"
  1. I'm impressed with the colour of Small Vanity. I love duty rose shades. Will swatch it when the collection comes out here for sure! Thanks for the swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it on your cheeks when you get a chance, Fieran! :)

      Delete
    2. Hm, I forgot to get this one as I got stuck on the Extra Dimension eyeshadows. I actually left the store, then I realized I should probably get the Guilty Passions gift box with 4 lipglosses in them for my boyfriend's niece for Christmas. So I went back to the store about 15 minutes later. They must think I'm mad :)

      Delete
    3. You should go back to try on the blushes! ;)

      Ooh, the Guilty Passions sets aren't released here yet -- it's coming out next Thursday! I'm SO EXCITED for the Crushed Metal Pigments :D I'm surprised you didn't get any of them...

      Delete
    4. No, no, no, not going back to try on the blushes :) I think I got like 5 items from the collection and I should probably stop there. This excludes the Guilty Passions set as that was a gift.

      The Crushed Metal is beautiful, but I have two sets I think - one from Surf Baby and one from last year's holiday collection. I don't seem to use them much so I feel a bit guilty buying more. I've recently discovered Armani Eyes To Kill eyeshadows (the powder that is tamped down) and those are so beautiful that I'm a bit hooked on them. Have you tried them?

      Delete
    5. Haha, the blushes sold out so fast, I don't know if they'll be available for long. :P

      I haven't tried the Armani Eyes to Kill, 'cause they're so damn expensive. I reallllly wanna try them, but can't justify the price 'cause I have SO MANY eyeshadows... :(

      I will, however, be getting the Crushed Metal Pigments... :P

      Delete
  2. Easy Manner and Small Vanity are nice but not particularly standout. All very pretty though! Nice to hear the quality is so great in this collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! MAC is getting better with their limited edition blushes -- definitely up to par to their permanent range! My favourite is I'm the One, but that really should come as no surprise. :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9