OPI Skyfall Nail Lacquer in Live and Let Die

on
Monday, October 29, 2012


I've pretty much been obsessed with OPI's new Skyfall collection the moment I saw the swatches online, which was about two weeks before it started rolling out in stores and online. If you've been living under a rock, Skyfall is the latest James Bond film that will be released on November 9 (in North America) and OPI has collaborated with the franchise to release 12 shades (plus three magnetic shades and one real 18-karat gold top coat). The 12 shades are each named after a James Bond film. I was over-the-top impressed by the first shade I tried from this collection, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, so I was super excited to try the other three shades I had picked up. The next one I tried? Live and Let Die.

Live and Let Die (natural lighting)

Live and Let Die (under flash)

Live and Let Die is a blackened forest green with ultra-fine olive, antique gold, and bronze glitter. It is named after the 1973 film of the same name. In natural lighting, it looks more like a true forest green, and in indoor lighting, it takes on a more peacock blue undertone. It has a fluid consistency without being too thick or too runny. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It has high pigmentation, and will go opaque in one medium-thick coat (a one-coater!). It is comparable to A-England's Tess D'Urbervilles, which has more of a blackened base and emerald green glitter. The glitter in this formula is actually quite subtle — it will "glow" more so in brighter lighting, and look more like a cream polish in dim lighting, so it is potentially office-friendly, too (assuming your office allows dark nail polish). It reminds me of fireflies dancing in the woods at night.
4 comments on "OPI Skyfall Nail Lacquer in Live and Let Die"
  1. My office is pretty stodgy but we can wear dark nail polish. I can't wait to get this one on! Your photos are marvelous - I think they make the shade look better than in real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, Liz! It does look a bit better in the photos, not gonna lie. The glitter doesn't show up as well in real life, especially once top coat starts wearing off... :/ But it is a beautiful shade, nonetheless!

      Delete
  2. God, that shade is BEAUTIFUL!! My office isn't so strict with nail polish, but they like to poke fun at me when I do wear any shade that isn't nude... lol

    Denise, please do some kind of drag queen-ish makeup on me one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, whenever you're free, Mary. You just let me know. ;)

      You need this shade in your life. And basically all the OPI Skyfall shades. SO PRETTY!!!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9