Lush Godiva Solid Shampoo

on
Monday, March 26, 2012

I went into Lush last week to look into their solid shampoos. A lot of people on YouTube and on beauty blogs have raved about these colourful hockey puck-looking bars, so I made a mental note to check them out. I was intrigued because I had never used solid shampoo before — I am very much in the liquid shampoo boat. I don't like using bar soap in general, because I just find that it doesn't foam up as nicely as liquid soap. And I am all about the foam. But my dear friend at Lush told me that these shampoo bars foam up like crazy. He was like, "Just try it. I swear you will become obsessed with it." So, I picked out Godiva, a bright sunshine yellow 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioning bar that "conditions your hair follicles with moisturizing nut oils and shea butter to care for dry, processed locks and leave you with glossy, shiny, and softened tresses." And apparently, they can last for up to 80 shampoos. It didn't seem too steep at $10.95, plus my friend threw in a shampoo bar tin for free (tins are recommended so your shampoo doesn't break or melt in the shower).


Godiva is very much a floral shampoo: It's made with jasmine absolute, jasmine flowers, ylang ylang oil, cypress oil, hibiscus extract, and gardenia extract. I'm not usually a floral person (or a strong fragrance person, for that matter), but the smell is equal parts intoxicating and nostalgic for me — my parents would bring home a Narcissus plant every year in the winter so it would bloom just around Chinese New Year (you know, for luck and prosperity or whatever), and it would fill my house with the most amazing scent. Lush says it's jasmine-scented, but I swear this shampoo bar smells exactly like that plant. So it was love at first whiff. I admit I picked Godiva solely based on the scent, though it just worked out that it was also great for dry, damaged hair (which my hair is now, after so much blow-drying and straight-ironing).

As I mentioned, I had my doubts about the foaming ability of this shampoo bar. But as I swiped the bar back and forth on my wet hair, it produced the most amazing, thick, rich, foamy lather, ever. So I obviously love it even more now. And it's gentle enough for every day use! Lush also says that this is a 2-in-1 product, but I recommend using a conditioner afterward because I don't find that it's as conditioning and detangling as a separate conditioner. However, it leaves my hair soft and shiny without weighing it down, and that gorgeous scent totally lingers in your hair, even after conditioner and blow-drying. So, now, after I wash and dry my hair, I totally leave it down just so I can bring it up to my nose to take a deep, long whiff. Lush friend was right: I am obsessed with it.
2 comments on "Lush Godiva Solid Shampoo"
  1. Ive always wanted to try the solid shampoos but i don't really like any of the scents! There's a snake oil one and OMG it smells horrific!! I love sweet/fruity shampoos so I stay away from these ones! Are they nice though?

    Oops, I had one that I bought to bring along with me to travel but I think i left it in the hotel bec i didn't like the smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, is that the one that smells like rotting bacon? There was one that smelled so horrendous, I almost gagged upon smelling it. As far as I know, none of the solid shampoos have a sweet/fruity fragrance. Most of them tend to be on the more floral side. Try Jumping Juniper or Ultimate Shine or Karma Komba... I love Godiva, and if you ever smelled a Narcissus flower, then you'd know Godiva smells exactly like that.

      They are AMAZING to use, though. Super foamy, leaves hair feeling super clean and soft... Look into a new one!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9