7 Deadly Sins of Beauty

on
Sunday, March 25, 2012
I'm not a "beauty guru" on YouTube, but I thought this was a fun tag, so I'm doing it, anyway.


Greed: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive? My most inexpensive beauty item is probably the CoverGirl Lash Blast Luxe Mascara that I got for $2 with Janetta's coupon. My most expensive beauty item is my Lancôme Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate.


Wrath: What beauty product do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get? The beauty product I have a love/hate relationship with is mascara. I love mascara and never go out without it, and it's my favourite make-up item of all time, but I still haven't found the perfect one. Even my current favourite, MAC Haute & Naughty, has something I don't like about it — it's a wetter mascara, so while it has amazing volumizing abilities, it is also prone to clumping. I love Lancôme Hypnôse, but it tends to smudge (the non-waterproof formula, anyway), and while it doesn't clump like the Haute & Naughty, it also doesn't give me as much volume. The product that has been the hardest to get is Chanel's Jade nail polish. And it's pretty much impossible now, given that it's a limited edition product from two years ago, and I don't want to pay like, $100 for it on eBay.


Gluttony: What are your most delicious beauty products? Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25. The Lemon & Chamomile tastes like lemon cupcakes, and the Grapefruit & Ginger tastes like grapefruit soda.


Sloth: What beauty product do you neglect due to laziness? Lip scrubs and body scrubs. I have really nice ones that work well and smell amazing (Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish, and Kiehl's Grapefruit Gently Exfoliating Body Scrub), but I rarely ever use them 'cause I forget about them or I'm just too damn lazy.


Pride: What beauty product gives you the most self-confidence? It's a tie between foundation and mascara. My skin's texture is decent, but I do have uneven skintone and hyperpigmentation, so foundation really helps even out my complexion, which I'm kind of insecure about. And mascara makes me look more awake and makes my eyes look bigger, and I just can't go out without it.

Lust: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? Two words: Ryan Gosling. He has everything that is attractive about the opposite sex: Charm, charisma, humility, intelligence, manners, and sense of humour. Physically, he has nice eyes, great hair, fantastic body... And he's talented to boot. He's the closest thing to perfection in a man, really.

Envy: What items would you most like to receive as a gift? In terms of beauty, I would say Jo Malone perfumes, Amore Pacific skincare, and make-up from Tom Ford, YSL, Burberry, Chanel, or Dolce & Gabbana. And if you count it as beauty, Diptyque candles. If we're not talking beauty, then I am seriously lusting over Miu Miu's Vitello Lux handbag and Balenciaga's Town Bag.

I tag Mary, Liz, Sydney, and Irene!
5 comments on "7 Deadly Sins of Beauty"
  1. I'm doing it now!! Thanks for the tag!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! :D I am thinking about the MAC Studio Fix actually, thinking if I should purchase it or not I mean. Do you think this is a good product?

    Also, about the mascara issue you have, I most definitely recommend you to try out Bourjois Volumizer Mascara. I am a mascara lover, and I swear by this product to make my lashes stand out! AND it isn't too clumpy at all, but you have to be careful with the brush when it comes out of the tube, because it sometimes does hold a little more product than you want to.
    If you like a more dry formula, I would recommend my other favorite mascara, which is L'Oreal Voluminous, the original formula actually. I haven't tried the new one, but the original has always been my favorite, delivers no clumps, and is just AMAZING!

    Sorry for filling your comments with my rants, but I hope you find this useful!
    I really liked this post, Denise! :) It inspired me so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Maria! Studio Fix Powder is my favourite foundation of all time, so yes, I definitely think it's a great product. BUT it really depends on your skin type and how you like your make-up to look. I have combination/oily skin and I prefer a full coverage foundation with a matte finish in a powder format. It's a really great product if you want fast and efficient. Some with drier skins might prefer something more hydrating, though! I definitely recommend trying the product in-store first. :)

      I will definitely be sure to check out Bourjois' mascara! I love mascara to death, and it's by far my favourite make-up product, but I have a really weird type of lash. I have thin, really straight lashes (like a typical Asian) but they're really, really long. It's a really weird hybrid. It sounds like the Bourjois might be similar to MAC's Haute & Naughty, which I love. :) I have tried the L'Oreal Voluminous and I actually thought it was a really wet formula! It was good for volumizing, but it clumped my lashes like CRAZY. I did buy the carbon black version, though, so maybe I should try the original black?

      Your comment was definitely useful, and I'm really glad you enjoyed this post! Thanks for visiting, Maria!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9