Estée Lauder Warehouse Sale (Spring 2012)

on
Friday, March 23, 2012

Dropped by the Estée Lauder warehouse sale this afternoon to see if there was anything worth picking up. For the most part, I didn't feel like there was anything overly exciting in terms of product this time around, nor did I feel like the prices were particularly amazing. But I totally forgot that Lauder acquired Bumble and Bumble a couple years ago, and was completely surprised at seeing so much of their product at this sale. Not only that, but nearly all the products were discounted by 50% or more! So I took the opportunity to snatch up some goodies:

  • Wear and Care Bb. Quenching Conditioner (1L) — $35, originally $80
  • Bb. Seaweed Shampoo (250ml) — $12, originally $22.50
  • Bb. Thickening Spray (250ml) — $15, originally $33
  • Bb. Styling Lotion (250ml) — $15, originally $31
  • Bumble South Surf Spray (125ml) — $10, originally $29.50
  • Bb. Classic Hairspray (300ml) — $18, originally $28


Other goodies I picked up included:
MAC Beauty Powder in Her Own Devices (for $15, originally $30) — This is a medium pinked nude highlighting powder with champagne shimmer. This was originally launched with 2010's Venomous Villains collection in the Cruella de Vil packaging. I didn't pick it up back then, so I'm glad I got a chance to grab it now. I'm not sure why it's in last holiday's Glitter & Ice packaging, though. Maybe they were going to launch this shade during the holidays but changed their mind.

MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Gold-Go-Lightly (for $15, originally $33.50) — This is a warm golden tan bronzing powder. This was originally launched with last year's Surf, Baby! collection. I'm really surprised this was at the sale, because it was a really big seller when it was released. I picked it up when it launched and it was nearly finished by the end of summer; that's how much I loved it. It has such a gorgeous satin finish that goes on so naturally and blends like a dream... I'm still hoping they'll make this permanent at some point, but I'm glad I got a back-up for now.

Mineralize Face & Body Lotion (for $5, originally $38.50) — This was one of the two items from the $5 charity table (it's cash only, and all of the money raised goes to breast cancer foundations). It's a nice, lightweight lotion that can be used for face and body, though I use it for body only. This product is actually still permanent at MAC, but it's called Mineralize Charged Water Face and Body Lotion now. It's nothing special, to be honest, but it's nice to keep in your purse or to travel with. And it's fragrance-free, so it's good for those who are sensitive to scents. For $5, I thought it was worth it.

MAC Ice Parade Snowglobe Eyeshadows in Warm (for $5, originally $45.50) — This was the other item from the $5 charity table. I actually already have this palette, but I thought it would be nice to give away as a gift. Again, for $5, I thought it was worth it. Seriously, it's cheaper than drugstore eye palettes.

MAC #42 Lashes (free, originally $18) — This was the free gift from this sale (they always give away one item to every attendee as a gift at every warehouse sale). I don't wear false lashes, so I'll most likely be giving these away or keeping it in my kit. I'm not sure if these were discontinued or limited edition, but it's no longer available in stores or online.

You know, I always go to these sales in hopes that there will be some amazing deals (a pack of MAC Wipes used to be $2!) or at least some great underrated products that were limited edition or discontinued... but I was quite disappointed this time around. There was not a single eye or lip product that intrigued me. And they have the exact same skincare and body products at every sale, and they are never a good deal ($18 for a MAC cleanser is not a bargain). I swear, some of the products there have to be at least five years old by now. I'm not even sure if that's safe to use. On that note, I'm pleased with the products I got, for the most part. I was disappointed that the $5 MAC charity table only offered two single products instead of a bag of four or five products like they used to. I mean, they're good, solid products that people would pay full price for (whereas the grab bags with multiple products would often have one or two products you would rarely, if ever, use... like MAC Lipmix in navy blue...), but I feel like these sales get more and more stingy every year. At least I have enough conditioner to last me half a year.
16 comments on "Estée Lauder Warehouse Sale (Spring 2012)"
  1. You still made out pretty darn well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, totally didn't expect that onslaught of Bumble and Bumble hair products in the last warehouse. :P I was all, "I'm not gonna spend more than $50 today, for sure." LOL.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh I am so jealous of you girl. I wish we had their warehouse out here too. I don't think we do though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( To me, it's not a big deal anymore, but I guess when you don't get to go to one, you wish you could, lol. I think the Estee Lauder warehouse sales are only in Markham (it's just outside of Toronto), 'cause the Estee Lauder factory/labs are in Markham. And even then, you need an invitation to go. So don't feel bad, lol. A lot of people that live here can't go, either. :P

      Delete
  3. YOU GOT THE SURF SPRAY FOR $10??? Damn, I had no idea B&B was acquired by Estee Lauder! I would have bought like five of them. YES, I REALLY WOULD HAVE! Surf Spray is amaziiiiiing.

    Those MAC powders are preeeeeeeeeeeeetty.

    (Apparently I just turn into a drooling makeup/food junkie whenever I visit your blog...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I totally was going to ask if you wanted one 'cause I know you like it, but I don't have your number so I couldn't text you! I got one for Mary, too. :(

      To be fair, I did ask if you wanted an invitation... ;)

      OH, and I saw that they had the cream bronzer from To The Beach, and thought of you as well. BOOOOO.

      Delete
    2. I went one year, and remember having to cut down my pile since there was a $$ limit. I was just so overwhelmed, hah. I've since seriously cut down on my MAC intake and my wallet thanks me!

      Delete
    3. LOL, that's A LOT of product, 'cause I think the limit's like, $700 or something?! Haha, it's definitely tempting if you don't get a huge discount on Lauder cosmetics regularly, especially MAC, which never goes on sale or has promotions! But I remember going to these warehouse sales years ago and buying like, 15 eyeshadows and 10 lipsticks and just generally going overboard 'cause there was just SO MUCH MAKE-UP! Now, I'm like, "Meh."

      Delete
    4. Yeah, that's okay. It's a part of my routine to say no and regret it later, LOL!!

      I don't blame anyone for going overboard at those things. That is why I have never stepped foot in a makeup warehouse sale. I would get in serious trouble.

      And I suspect the reason you don't go as crazy now is because most of the collections out there are already in your house! ;D

      Delete
    5. Lol, well, I'll ask you next time if you want anything! The Surf Spray was by far the best deal I got, though, so I will keep an eye out for it at the next one and snatch up a few. :)

      And, yeah, I think you would get in serious trouble as well. It can get really overwhelming with the amount of make-up and skincare and perfumes and body lotions (I even saw Origins candles!). :P

      And... yes, that's TRUE... but there COULD'VE been some amazing SOMETHING from the last few years that I missed... Just sayin'. :P

      Delete
  4. Oh - I was also going to mention that the rules for resellers (ie. warehouse sales) are different from the company, which is why you may see something being sold that you KNOW is at least 5 years old... but it's allowed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm sure it's LEGAL... but like... ewwwww... I mean, not so much for powder products, which last almost forever... but like, cream/liquid products? Soooo gross!

      Delete
  5. You got some WICKED deals on B&B products! I'm kind of glad I had to work that afternoon. God knows my bank account cannot handle another spree right now..

    And the one I went to last year had the same deal for the grab bags: two eyeshadows for $5. Lame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I tried calling you because I was like, "SURF SPRAY FOR $10?!?!?!" And I know you love the stuff. I actually left the sale by the time you texted back, but I got an extra one, 'cause like, who can resist Surf Spray for $10? :P I was like, "Just in case she does want one..." And yeah, the only great deals -- to me, anyway -- were the B&B products. I would've bought more but I put myself on a limit for the sale, lol.

      I heard that the Saturday sale grab bags were WAY better, and had like, 3 or 4 products! But I think a lot of it was from holiday, like the lip gloss ornaments. At least they HAD the charity table this time, 'cause they didn't have one last time and people were so disappointed.

      Delete
  6. Yay, glad you got some amazing deals especially with Bumble & Bumble :) That's a brand that I'm too afraid to try because if I end up liking it then I'll be upset as they're not easy to get from this end.

    I guess MAC's general saleability may have increased in the past few years. The number of stores in Norway itself has gone up from 1 store to 4 stores now (over the course of 4-5 years). It's possible they just have less leftover stock for most of the products. That's just my random guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that B&B will gradually get bigger and bigger over the next couple years or so, just because Lauder has acquired them now. The same thing happened to MAC -- when MAC was independent, they could only afford to open a few counters here and there, but once Lauder acquired them in 1997, MAC was EVERYWHERE. I used to get my B&B from New York 'cause I could not find it anywhere in Toronto... eventually, I saw some salons carrying the line... and now BOOM, it's at Sephora!

      The sale usually has product that is discontinued or limited edition (or has some slight packaging defect, or product that didn't pass quality control) that didn't sell at counters/stores. There is still a ton of product that doesn't get sold at counters/stores -- the higher prices are due to the higher access to invitations now. Before, the warehouse sales were way more exclusive, but Lauder sends them to random businesses now (not just Lauder employees), so it's way easier to get an invite.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9