Saturday Nine

on
Saturday, April 9, 2011
This week's Saturday Nine:
  1. Do you listen to music at work? If so, do you use a MP3 player, play it through your office computer, or do you listen to it collectively via a separate radio you keep nearby? There's usually music already playing at work, but we do sometimes plug our MP3 players to the stereo system using an auxiliary cable.
  2. Tell us something about people that you absolutely hate. One thing I really, really hate is when people speak to me in a condescending or patronizing manner.
  3. What is something someone has done that you'd like the world to know about? My boyfriend treats me like gold, and I'm a very lucky girlfriend.
  4. Where is your favorite place to sit when at home? The couch in the main living room. It's one of those couches that makes you so insanely lazy that you really contemplate whether or not it's worth getting up to go pee.
  5. How did you come up with the title of your blog? It's the title of a Thursday song.
  6. Tell us about the one who got away. Before Shawn, I dated this guy who I really, really connected with. We just had ridiculously good chemistry, and we were comfortable with each other within hours of meeting one another. But we were ultimately looking for different things and were in different places at the time, and it didn't result in a relationship. But it's okay, because I found the one I got to keep.
  7. Have you ever had a big birthday party? Yeah, when I was a kid. I remember my parents would hold these huge parties for me at a place called Adventure Zone, which was similar to Chuck E. Cheese. They've closed down since then, but I remember it being epic. Ironically, since I've been legal to drink, I haven't celebrated any of my birthdays in a huge way, like at a club or anything. My 24th birthday last year was pretty awesome, though. Shawn, Edward, and Wynnie took me out for dinner, and then we went to their local bar and a dozen or so of my friends came by to celebrate with me, and we just had a really nice, low-key night.
  8. What was the biggest bash you've ever attended? I actually try steering clear of big bashes, but I guess when I used to visit my brother at Cornell, we'd go to some insane frat parties.
  9. With an always changing life, do you find yourself unable to focus sometimes? I'm actually pretty good at keeping focused at this point in my life, although to be fair, I'm unmarried with no children, so all I really have to take care of right now is myself.
4 comments on "Saturday Nine"
  1. I used to work at Browns inside The Bay on Queen and they just had this boombox where I'd always play slow R&B songs (aka Sexin' or Baby-Makin' songs)... Think I was banned from bringing my cd's in for like a couple of weeks because it put the rest of the staff to sleep -- or in the mood ;-).


    And I once held my pee in for almost an hour because I didn't want to stop reading some book (I think it was The Baby Sitters Club).

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I'm looking for a new concealer. I'm almost done my Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer which I love, but my dark circles have gotten so bad lately.... Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL re: The Babysitters Club! That was me and Harry Potter! (And, admittedly, Twilight...)

    Laura Mercier's concealers are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, hey, hey, don't knock TBC! hahaha

    I actually have never read Harry Potter. Have always thought about picking up the first book, but haven't gotten around to actually doing it. Also interested in The Hunger Games now.

    And Twilight was GREAT!! The first one got me hooked; the second was so-so, but the third installment made up for it and then some. The final book was just a big, fat, steaming pile of shit.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9