McDonald's Swiss & Mushroom Angus Third Pounder

on
Monday, April 18, 2011

So, yes, I'm fully aware of the amount of fast food I've eaten recently, but I've been a busy bee and McDonald's is open 24 hours. And they're conveniently located. I try to keep fast food to twice a week, but where else are you going to eat at 3:00 in the morning and you're too lazy to cook? Anyhow, McDonald's recently added three delightful new burgers to their menu, the Angus Third Pounders. I guess people just weren't getting full off of the Quarter Pounders and were getting too full from the Double Quarter Pounders. (The Goldilocks of McDonald's eaters.) McDonald's was having a promotion from April 12th to the 18th, where you could get any Angus Third Pounder for half-price. So, obvs, I had to get one.


Our server recommended the Swiss & Mushroom one, so that's the one I ordered. And, holy moly, this burger was ridiculous. In the best way possible. Few fast food chains do mushroom burgers well, let alone Swiss and mushroom burgers. But in the Angus Third Pounder, the mushrooms were crisp and actually tasted like mushrooms. And the Swiss cheese was actual Swiss cheese, complete with holes! There was a nice smoky flavour to the burger overall, and the Angus patty tasted beefier than their regular patties, with perhaps slightly more chew. And the burgers come with new, fancy sesame rolls that are nicely toasted and offer much better support for the innards (they are third pounders, after all) than their regular buns. And look at all that mayo! This totally makes up for them taking the Big Xtra off our menu.
2 comments on "McDonald's Swiss & Mushroom Angus Third Pounder"
  1. Oh man, I saw the big billboard promoting this and somehow mistook a "third pound" for a three pounder and was flabbergasted! LOL. I'm glad that it was tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, the same thing happened to me! I was looking at the menu at McDonald's, and I was like, "You gotta be a beast to eat a three-pound burger!" And I said as much to the server, and he was like, "Oh, it's bigger than the Quarter Pounder and smaller than the Double Quarter Pounder..." And I was all like, "Oh, right, I knew that."

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9