Benefit B.Right! Cleansers

on
Saturday, April 16, 2011

Benefit released a new skincare line this month called B.Right!, which features eight products that focus on making skin more radiant. I never tried Benefit's old skincare products, but having read a few pre-release reviews, I was intrigued. It's currently available at Sephora and Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada, but the Shoppers location I went to only had four of the eight items in stock, so I just bought the Foamingly Clean Facial Wash and the Refined Finish Facial Polish. One thing I do have to say about this line is that the packaging is absolutely adorable. The boxes are fun and colourful, with a pattern of waves and bubbles in various shades of green, blue, and peach. The bottles themselves are a clean pale blue with faux cork screw caps, which I thought was a nice touch. Chic apothecary-style labels are on both the boxes and the bottles, clearly stating the name and function of the product. They both have a fresh floral and cucumber scent that isn't strong or overwhelming. Both of these products contain 127.5 grams or 4.5 oz. of product, and retail for $24 and $26, respectively.


The Foamingly Clean Facial Wash is a "one-step gentle face wash" that "effectively cleanses the skin and removes make-up and impurities with a soft, gentle lather." It's a cream cleanser that foams up well, but isn't overly frothy, and a nickel-sized amount of product should be sufficient for a nice lather. It does take off make-up quite well, but because it doesn't state that it's opthamologist-tested, it's only meant to take off face make-up. I did, however, test this cleanser with a waterproof eyeliner on my hand, and it did take it off quite effectively, so I will attest that it removes waterproof make-up. It states on the box that the cleanser is for all skin types, but I'd recommend this more for normal to combination-oily skin, only because I can see the foaming aspect a little more drying on dry skin types. I have combination skin (oilier T-zone), and my face didn't feel tight after using it. Overall, I'd have to say that this cleanser lives up to its claims, and I would definitely re-buy it.

The Refined Finish Facial Polish is being touted as the "smoothest surface facial exfoliator" that "brightens the complexion, gently exfoliating to purify the skin, and help minimize the appearance of pores to reveal skin's natural radiance" with natural clay and seaweed extract. This is a cream-based face scrub, as opposed to a gel, and contains smooth and round polyethelene beads, so it's more gentle than some other scrubs which contain more jagged grains. When I used this scrub, I found that it made my skin soft and smooth without drying it out, but I think that more fragile, sensitive skin types will find this scrub a bit too harsh for regular use. I personally didn't find this scrub overly gritty, though I think every day use would be a little excessive (2 to 3 times a week is enough). I did notice that my face was more "glowy" after using it. I actually really like this scrub, and can see myself replacing my old stand-by with it. Overall, I'm very pleased with the cleansing products from Benefit's B.Right! line. I'm definitely interested in trying some of the other products from this collection.
2 comments on "Benefit B.Right! Cleansers"
  1. Those bottles are mega cute! I'd pick them up for that reason alone haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, why do you think I picked them up? ;) It just worked out well that I ended up loving the actual products, lol.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9