Chanel Chance Eau Fraîche Sheer Moisture Mist

on
Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chanel recently released a new product called Sheer Moisture Mist under their Chance fragrance family. There are currently two Mists available: one belongs to the Eau Tendre scent, and one belongs to Eau Fraîche. They both retail at $40 for 100 ml, and are available wherever Chanel fragrances are sold. I've been lead to believe that they will both be made permanent, but Chanel's website says that the Eau Fraîche version is limited edition, so if anyone has any information stating otherwise, let me know! Only wanting to buy one (for now), I eventually decided on the Eau Fraîche version of Sheer Moisture Mist, which comes in a mint green bottle (whereas the Eau Tendre comes in pink). For those who haven't smelled Eau Fraîche, it's a sparkling citrus fragrance with subtle floral (water hyacinth and jasmine absolute) and woodsy (amber of patchouli and fresh vetiver) notes. The Sheer Moisture Mist is a much more subtle version of the original Eau de Toilette; the Mists are meant to provide a hint of fragrance while imparting some moisture to the skin.


Chanel has meant for the Sheer Moisture Mists to be an after-bath or shower product. I didn't find this to be particularly moisturizing and you shouldn't expect it to replace your regular body cream or lotion, but it's great for those who want a very light scent (e.g. if your workplace is perfume-sensitive) as well as for those who want a more skin-friendly fragrance (e.g. less alcohol content). You can also layer it with other products in the line, like the Eau de Toilette or body cream for a more full-bodied version of the fragrance. The Mist by itself doesn't last long on skin, so if you want the same intensity of scent that it has freshly applied, you'll have to spray it on quite regularly. But I do find that hints of the scent linger on the skin without re-applying. Having tested this product on the inside of my wrist, I found that my skin doesn't turn red at all, which occurs with most fragrances I've tried (due to the alcohol content in perfumes). I've also found that it's safe for hair, since it won't dry out your strands like other perfumes. Moreover, it's a great option for warmer weather (which, hopefully, will be coming soon), and for $40, you won't be breaking the bank. I think I will be buying the fruiter Eau Tendre version as well.
2 comments on "Chanel Chance Eau Fraîche Sheer Moisture Mist"
  1. OMG! This sounds so delish!!

    Chanel is seriously making my heart do back flips... Must. Stop. Drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah, Chanel has a way of making you want all of their products... Let me know if you want my discount, 'cause this ends up being $28! ;)

    (I got it for free, 'cause I redeemed my points -- LOVE OPTIMUM.)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9