Tokidoki Gelato Lip Balm Stain

on
Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Love the long-wear of lip stains but hate the drying factor? Or think the marker-type applicators and the accompanying smell are off-putting? Have no fear, 'cause Tokidoki has come out with Gelato Lip Balm Stains! They come in four different shades, though one of them is clear, so I'm really sure why it'd be catagorized as a stain at all, and thusly I only bought the three other shades. Donutella is a melon-scented bright coral stain, Pink Martini is a cherry-scented bright watermelon pink stain, and Skeletrina is a grape-scented bright berry pink stain. They are all true to the colour in the tube, except for Skeletrina, which looks like a super, super dark purple in the tube, but comes out as almost a hot pink. All of them are supremely wearable because they go on very sheer. It does take a heavy-handed application to really get a lot of colour, but it does get there.


The best part about these stains is that they wear very long, but still keep lips fairly moisturized. I wouldn't say that they're supremely moisturizing, but they definitely aren't drying, and I have really dry lips, especially in the winter. The Gelato Lip Balm Stains last about twelve hours on me before even fading a little, and this is after eating, drinking, and smoking. I tried on Skeletrina before I went to bed and even wiped it off with a tissue and a make-up wipe, and there were still traces of it on my lips when I woke up. Point is, these are a great option if you want the staying power of a lip stain, but the feel of a balm. At $11 a pop, you won't break the bank by buying one (or three), either. And, hey, the tubes are pretty damn cute, too.
5 comments on "Tokidoki Gelato Lip Balm Stain"
  1. I LOVE the packaging! I wouldn't want to use this.. I'd just stare at it the whole time! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Irene! Haha, I have no problem using all my Tokidoki stuff, even if the packaging is super-cute, 'cause Tokidoki is permanent at Sephora here. :) And realistically, I know I would never use up the stuff, lol. But, they do sell non-make-up items like compact mirrors and hair brushes and nail files and key chains... so you can stare at the stuff all day, and still use your make-up, lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG these sound like they would be perfect for me! Gotta go check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. Ya gotta give it to the their design dept. They know what tugs at us gals' heartstrings! I had only ever tried Cover Girl's Outlast Lipstains.

    I wanna try Skeletrina!! In the tube, it looks so close to Clinique's Black Honey..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sydney, I think you'd love Pink Martini -- it's not too bright but it still gives off a lovely pink colour. :) And you don't even need a mirror to put them on, 'cause it's just applying lip balm!

    Mary -- LOVE Skeletrina. It's probably my favourite of the three, only because it gives off that super hot pink shade! Know how you love the bright lips. ;) And actually, knowing how you love the corals, too, you might wanna check out Donutella as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9