All Star Wings

on
Saturday, March 26, 2011
While my car was getting serviced yesterday, Shawn and I walked over to All Star Wings (at Yonge and Elgin Mills) for lunch. I just have to point out that every time I go to the Yonge and Elgin Mills location, the service is always friendly, efficient, and informative. When I go to the Woodbine and 16th location, however, I find the waitresses to be slow, impatient, and uninformed. I think I will only be going to the former location from now on, even if it is a bit further from where I live.


When we asked about the wings flavours, our waitress just said, "We're not allowed to give out a list with all of our flavour descriptions in case someone tries to steal them, but I do know all of them and I can tell you which is which." Honest, and to the point. She didn't mind spending a good five minutes explaining the flavours we were asking about, either. She didn't rush us or roll her eyes. This is how service should be. Per our waitress' recommendation, we ordered the wings in My Ranch Is On Fire, which is ranch sauce, hot sauce, and ground black pepper. It was tasty with lots of flavour, and the ranch sauce and hot sauce went well together. It was spicy, but not overly so, and was quite enjoyable overall. I would order it again.


We also ordered the Chili Cheese Fries per her recommendation, and they were fantastic. There was chili and cheese spread throughout the entire basket of fries, not just sitting on top. The chili was really, really good; ground beef, black beans, and onions in a well-seasoned tomato base that wasn't too runny or too chunky. It came out steaming hot, too, so it melted the cheese into perfection around the fries. When I think of chili cheese fries, this is how I always picture them to look and to taste. This is a definite re-order. Hell, even if I'm not in the mood for wings, I'd totally go to All Star for the chili cheese fries.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9