NYC (Winter 2011): Day 2, Menchanko-Tei

on
Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shawn and I met up with my brother for lunch at Menchanko-Tei. My brother always picks this place because quick and super-close to his workplace so he can walk straight back to the office afterward. For whatever reason, this place is always packed at lunch with suits, with even more waiting in line to be seated. I guess businessmen love their ramen (and there's something really funny about businessmen slurping noodles). Luckily, we didn't have to wait to be seated; it was packed shortly after we ordered. I myself ordered the same thing as last time: two rice balls (salmon roe and salmon), and a bowl of ramen with roast pork, bamboo shoots, seaweed, fishcake slices, and a boiled egg. I've got to say, the food there isn't amazing; I've definitely had better ramen in Toronto. But it is fast, cheap, and satisfying, especially on a cold day.
2 comments on "NYC (Winter 2011): Day 2, Menchanko-Tei"
  1. Oh man, I remember when I went with Yulanda to NYC we had really good Japanese noodle soup at some place called ONY (I think near Washington Square Park?). I still dream about that... yummmmmm.

    Why is noodle soup so damn good?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, noodle soup is like, one of my main four food groups, along with cheese, bread, and junk food, lol! I have to eat noodle soup at least twice a week. Maybe it's the Asian in us? :P

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9