NYC (Winter 2011): Day 1, Bobby Van's

on
Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shawn and I met up with my brother and a few of his friends for a late dinner at Bobby Van's Steakhouse, where we shared the porterhouse steak (cooked medium rare), along with sides of creamed spinach, sautéed mushrooms, and asparagus. It was, dare I say, the best steak I have ever eaten. Better than any of the steakhouses in Toronto, that's for sure, and even better than the steak I had at Smith & Wollensky last October (which was, up until this point, the best steak I had ever had). I don't know where they get their cows, but they produce some deliciously epic meat.

And I don't know how we managed it because we were so damn full (the type of full where you have not just one food baby, but triplets), but we also had coffee and shared three of their desserts: crème brûlée, layered crêpe cake, and berries with cream. The highlight of the desserts was definitely the layered crêpe cake, which wasn't too sweet, had a nice texture, and a good cream-to-crêpe ratio. Still, their specialty is steak, and they do it damn well. So if you don't eat red meat (gasp!), you should probably head elsewhere, 'cause any other entrée just wouldn't compare with the steaks.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9