NYC (Winter 2011): Day 2, White Castle

on
Monday, February 28, 2011

Shawn and I were on a mission on this trip: to eat burgers from White Castle. And we found them, at 8th Ave. and 36th St. We each ordered a combo which consists of four classic burgers (we got ours with cheese), fries, and a drink. Okay, let me note here that these burgers are really small, before you think, "Holy shit, four burgers?!" One is about the size of my palm, and I have pretty small hands. You could probably eat one burger in about two or three bites. Inside the two soft buns, you'll find a little steamed square beef patty with onions grilled into them, a bit of ketchup, and a pickle or two (and a slice of cheese, if you so choose). At first bite, I was like, "Eh, it's okay, nothing crazy phenomenal. Certainly not worth missioning over state lines for, even if I'm high as a kite." But, by that second burger, you're like, "Okay, now I get why their slogan is 'What You Crave'." They're just so moist and soft and melt-in-your-mouth. There's something about them that makes you want to eat more of them. Seriously, Shawn and I each ended up eating six of them before we were too full to walk. So, yes, definitely worth trying... but maybe not pulling a Harold and Kumar.
2 comments on "NYC (Winter 2011): Day 2, White Castle"
  1. I've wanted to try these cute little burgs since Harold and Kumar went mental for them!

    Now how about those In-N-Out Burgers? (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NDc0-akUurk/S-tKiWBP_6I/AAAAAAAAAa8/RC41nV7pKWw/s320/innout100x100.jpg)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried In-N-Out Burger! Or Sonic Burger! I think this calls for an American burger odyssey.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9