NYC (Fall 2010): Day 1, Smith & Wollensky

on
Thursday, October 21, 2010

My brother took us out for a late dinner at Smith & Wollensky.


My brother and I shared the porterhouse steak for two, though I think it could easily have fed three or four. However, this is one of the few times where I'm like, "Thank god for the obscene portion sizes in America," 'cause we were starving and that was one phenomenal slab of meat.


We also ordered sides of creamed spinach and wild mushrooms. And for whatever reason, they gave us a side of hash browns on the house. I'm not sure why these are called "side dishes," since they aren't on the side of anything - they're an entire course on their own because the portions are gigantic. Regardless, I didn't realize how much I loved creamed spinach. Like, really, who would've thought? It looks like baby poop (especially since I didn't take a picture until we ate almost all of it - the dish looks better when it's, you know, fresh), but it is freakin' delicious.

I will make a conscious effort to eat there every time I visit New York in the future. So good.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9