Happy Sunday

on
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Five things that currently make me happy:


Essie Nail Lacquers in Chinchilly, Sew Psyched, and Coat Azure. Chinchilly (mid-tone taupe-grey) was released for Fall 2009 and Sew Psyched (muted sage green with silver-grey micro-shimmer) was released for Fall 2010 and they were the only shades I liked from their respective collections. Naturally, they were the first shades to be completely sold out when I looked for them. So imagine how happy I was when I found out they made both of them permanent! I snatched those babies right up, and also got Coat Azure, which is the only shade I liked from Essie's Spring 2011 Collection, A French Affair. It's a lovely mid-tone dusty blue with silver-grey micro-shimmer. Shoppers Drug Mart currently has a huge new Essie display on floors, so you can get over 40 different shades now, as opposed to the measly 20 they carried before. Love!


Shawn bought me Monsters, Inc. on Blu-ray + DVD for Valentine's. As much as I love Pixar films, I actually hadn't watched Monsters, Inc., which is kind of unbelievable because it's so fucking adorable. (Kitty + Boo = Die from cuteness!) That makes if official, really: There's not a single Pixar film that I don't absolutely love.


Vichy's new NutriExtra Fluid Replenishing Nourishing Body Care. They had a tester display unit at Shoppers, and I fell in love with it instantly. My hands are super, super dry because I'm always out in the cold (usually smoking with no gloves) and I constantly sanitize or wash my hands. And then I put this stuff on, and my hands were instantly soft and smooth, without being greasy. And it stayed the same way a few hours later, which is usually not the case for me. I was like, "Whoa, imagine how awesome my skin will be if I use it all over!" I've used it for a couple nights, and seriously: Soft, moisturized skin, and relieved any itchiness that I usually get from dry skin. The lotion absorbed right in and didn't leave a greasy residue at all, which is usually the case for "dry skin" moisturizers (e.g. Aveeno). And bonus: It smells like mangoes, peaches, and papayas. This part is not advertised, but yeah, the smell is awesome.


It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Probably the most ridiculous show, ever. Definite must-see.


Toast with butter and honey. It's not much to look at and it's so simple, but so damn good.

What makes you happy right now?
4 comments on "Happy Sunday"
  1. I just rewatched Monsters, Inc a few weeks ago. Pixar has the bestest films, don't they? My fave is still the Toy Story series though.

    Hehe, add jam to your toast and bread and you have one of my faveourite snacks! I just ate one like two minutes ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, I love all Pixar. There's one for every mood. I just can't pick any favourites. Like, Toy Story is phenomenal, but Up was really well done, too... And Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, Wall-E, The Incredibles... And I re-watched A Bug's Life recently! The animation wasn't as well done (it was ten years ago, after all), but it's soooo cute. For an hour and a half, I have total sympathy for bugs, even though realistically, I would just kill one if I saw it in my house. :P PIXAR LOVE.

    I'm excited to have dinner with you when I get back from NYC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I totally understand! Wall-E made me think cockroaches weren't so bad!

    And yay, I'm excited too! I'll try and think of a better restaurant this time! I hope you guys have a great time in NYC and the weather is good. And most of all... ENJOY PHANTOM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be fair, neither of us had been to the restaurant last time and we didn't know whether it'd be good or not, right? From what I remember, the main dishes were pretty good; it was the dessert that was kind of... questionable. :P I'm good with any cuisine, though, so pick whatever you want to try!

    And thanks muchly, I will report back on Phantom! Apparently, the temperatures will be around high 12C, so better than in Toronto! :D

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9