Uncle Joe's Family Restaurant

on
Sunday, February 20, 2011

My mom and I went to Uncle Joe's for dinner tonight. It was my first time there, and upon walking in, you really do feel like you're in a family restaurant. There's nothing trendy or "chain" about this place. It's small, warm, casual, and cozy. Their most popular items are steaks, so I ordered a 10-ounce New York striploin with Caesar salad, garlic bread, roasted veggies, and mashed potatoes. And for only $16.99! The steak was tender, juicy, flavourful, and cooked just the way I wanted it (medium rare), and my sides complimented the steak perfectly. I would definitely order it again. I always try to avoid Main St. Markham because I hate the street itself (one-lane on each side, parallel parking only), but after going to Uncle Joe's, I've realized there are a lot of really quaint restaurants there, and some of them might just be gems. I need to investigate further.

On another note, Shawn and I are leaving for New York City tomorrow, and will be back on the 25th. Have a great week!
2 comments on "Uncle Joe's Family Restaurant"
  1. Have fun on your trip!!!

    Already anticipating all the pics you'll post. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am literally salivating looking at this picture! I had boiled yams (aka "diet" food) for dinner. UGH! Have fun in New York!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9