Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Black Pearl

on
Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chanel released three new shades of Le Vernis Nail Colour for their Spring collection. The only one that piqued my interest was Black Pearl. Not exactly a colour that screams "spring!" since we usually see lighter, pastel-y colours after winter. But I don't mind, 'cause I'm not personally a fan of pastel nails, anyway. So I'd been trying to find this nail polish for the last couple weeks, and my usual haunts were all sold out of it (to be fair, counters usually only get 3 - 6 bottles of limited edition shades). I had given up on the search, and just accepted that it wasn't meant to be. But I was working at Hillcrest yesterday and thought I'd check the Chanel counter, just in case. Lo and behold, they had one bottle left! I snatched that baby right up. And painted my nails the moment I got home (okay, so it was a couple of hours afterward).


Black Pearl is a gorgeous darkened teal-grey threaded with metallic silver-green, and blue and teal micro-shimmer mixed in. It really does look like a black pearl, in the colour and the way it shines in different lighting. A lot of metallic shades can look super trashy (e.g. Sally Hansen), but I find Black Pearl has a kind of creaminess to it that keeps it chic and classy. I usually think Chanel polishes are worth the $26 price tag, only because they come out with some unique shades that usually sets the trends for the season. And I personally love the formula and the brush of Le Vernis (probably tied with Illamasqua as my favourite - OPI has great shades and a good brush, but I often have to do three coats). Black Pearl is slightly thicker than Chanel's usual formula, but it's not hard to get even coats with a steady hand. It goes completely opaque in two coats. Overall, I really like this shade and it's definitely a nice change from the usual Spring colours.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9