Congee Queen

on
Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Shawn and I went to Congee Queen for dinner, and ordered the chili turnip patties and Cantonese chow mein. I like Congee Queen because they have all the classic Chinese dishes and rarely ever screw them up. I mean, those turnip patties were really addictive. I was so full and was still like, "Must. Eat. More." It was out of control. Though, to be fair, they are delightful pockets of spicy pan-fried starchy goodness. Who can resist, really? And the Cantonese chow mein was really quite good. There was a decent crispy-to-soft noodle ratio, and a good amount of meat, seafood, and veggies on top. And it wasn't overly salty, but still flavourful... Yep, it's always good times at Congee Queen.
2 comments on "Congee Queen"
  1. The spicy turnip cakes are the best at Congee Queen! Seriously, I've had them elsewhere and they DO NOT COMPARE. I could eat a whole plate by myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally ate a whole plate by myself. :( Why are they so super delicious? I am going to get so fat.

    Speaking of which, how's your schedule looking like next week?

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9